Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Liverpool are 8 points ahead of us, they have West ham away ,spurs at home , us away and wolves at home. I can't see where their points are coming from.

If we can beat Chelsea and Brighton then we take 3rd place if we can beat them at home, this is on, it could go to the last game of the season for 3,4 and 5th. (Don't think it will though,  Arsenal will beat Spurs Sunday)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

Liverpool are 8 points ahead of us, they have West ham away ,spurs at home , us away and wolves at home. I can't see where their points are coming from.

If we can beat Chelsea and Brighton then we take 3rd place if we can beat them at home, this is on, it could go to the last game of the season for 3,4 and 5th. (Don't think it will though,  Arsenal will beat Spurs Sunday)

I need them to beat Spurs rather try and catch them 

• Like 2

Just now, Lord Willard said:

I need them to beat Spurs rather try and catch them 

I agree but having watched them against Everton, they were dreadful. It will be interesting to see how they get on at West Ham,  if they can raise their game but I don't think they can. Klopp going , no realistic title chance, we can all live and hope they beat Spurs but I don't think they will, we just need to win our games. 

• Like 1

Arsenal have lost 5 times this season - sitting pretty at the top of the table. We’ve beaten them twice. 

Man City have lost 3 times. Only us an another two teams have won. 

I just have a feeling we’ll also beat Liverpool. 

I feel confident against Chelsea which is really worrying as that means we’ll be brought back down to earth. 

• Like 4

Mad to think that when Spurs kick off we’ll have played 3 more games than them… I mean, for a team with no Europe, and not in the cups, that shouldn’t really happen should it!? I think from our point of view it’s lovely to pile pressure on an opponent, but from the PL’s point of view it’s rubbish really and shouldn’t happen

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Litmus test for the inevitable future bandwagon Villa fans: "How did you feel during the Round Badge Season?"

What shape was our badge when we won the European Cup? 😜

Maybe we should keep the round one, as it seems like we are performing better with that

1 minute ago, Taxahunter said:

What shape was our badge when we won the European Cup? 😜

Maybe we should keep the round one, as it seems like we are performing better with that

We always do well in Europe when we have a round badge… its just the law

1 hour ago, tinker said:

I’m a believer mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

It's not on at all

• Shocked 1

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not on at all

Maybe Wolves at home they get the win, we just need to match their result at Palace and we are 3rd. Let's not look down ay

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

West Ham will beat them this Saturday, early kick-off.

It's not fair they have to play Wednesday night and Saturday morning. Feel really sorry for Klopp and the lads.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, tinker said:

Maybe Wolves at home they get the win, we just need to match their result at Palace and we are 3rd. Let's not look down ay

I'm not looking down, I'm just being realistic.

We won't finish 3rd

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

West Ham will beat them this Saturday, early kick-off.

Maybe, but they'd probably have to lose every game to finish below us, and even then we'd need to win 3 out of 4 games

It's not going to happen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Mad to think that when Spurs kick off we’ll have played 3 more games than them… I mean, for a team with no Europe, and not in the cups, that shouldn’t really happen should it!? I think from our point of view it’s lovely to pile pressure on an opponent, but from the PL’s point of view it’s rubbish really and shouldn’t happen

In all comps, it's something like 15 more games than them