Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

4 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

I think 6 points will do it now, Spurs will take points in those ''bigger'' games 

5 pts imo.  I don’t think 4pts(70) will be enough 

• Like 3

Spurs will lose the big games. They don’t seem to go tight against better teams and play the same way regardless of opponent. It’s why they got spanked against Newcastle. 

Their own fans say the manager is naive. 

39 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Calling it here first, Spurs will beat Man City on the final day and this will hand Arsenal the title (Spurs record against City is excellent), they will also win either chelsea or arsenal game, they will too beat Sheff Utd and draw against Burnley, thats 10 pts secured, we will only need to win 2 more matches and find ourselves on 72 points and that i feel will ultimately be enough, 4 points is risky imo as they could also beat burnley too.

We all seem to be underestimating spurs based on fixtures but anything can happen in any of those games for example look at what we did at Arsenal, guys it is far from over and we cant get complacent at this stage we have to be weary and realistic and just try to win every match.

UTV!! 

Spurs play sheff united away on the final day.

My worry is that they could easily beat Arsenal in the derby game. If they do, that’s Arsenal’s title push probably over and Liverpool don’t look like they are able to keep on winning. If man city win the league before they play spurs that game becomes a gimme for spurs. And they already have the 2 gimmes v sheff united and burnley. Two wins still needed for me. 

Spurs v Arsenal is huge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Spurs will lose the big games. They don’t seem to go tight against better teams and play the same way regardless of opponent. It’s why they got spanked against Newcastle. 

Their own fans say the manager is naive. 

Already this season they have beat Liverpool, drew with City and Arsenal and lost to Chelsea.  They are more than capable of beating these teams at home, please don't think the job is done.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Already this season they have beat Liverpool, drew with City and Arsenal and lost to Chelsea.  They are more than capable of beating these teams at home, please don't think the job is done.

The Liverpool game was very controversial. Arsenal and City draws were when they were in good form and the other two hadn’t got going yet. 

I don’t think the job is done at all. Just don’t think Spurs will beat any of the top 3.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Calling it here first, Spurs will beat Man City on the final day and this will hand Arsenal the title (Spurs record against City is excellent), they will also win either chelsea or arsenal game, they will too beat Sheff Utd and draw against Burnley, thats 10 pts secured, we will only need to win 2 more matches and find ourselves on 72 points and that i feel will ultimately be enough, 4 points is risky imo as they could also beat burnley too.

We all seem to be underestimating spurs based on fixtures but anything can happen in any of those games for example look at what we did at Arsenal, guys it is far from over and we cant get complacent at this stage we have to be weary and realistic and just try to win every match.

UTV!! 

Did you read this on the ‘Cock gobbler’ forum?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The Liverpool game was very controversial. Arsenal and City draws were when they were in good form and the other two hadn’t got going yet. 

I don’t think the job is done at all. Just don’t think Spurs will beat any of the top 3.

I didn't think we'd beat Arsenal, but we did.  Spurs will get a win in one of those 4 games.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Beat Chelsea and surely, surely 4th is all but sewn up?

If we beat Chelsea I think that put's a lot of pressure on Spurs but I wouldn't say its all but sewn up. If Villa can beat Man City and Arsenal at home then I'd argue Spurs can do the same. 

Not many saw Villa winning away at Arsenal and I think Spurs will get a surprise result somewhere. Villa and Spurs are both equally good sides which is why it's been pretty much neck and neck for months now. 72 points will do the job for either side (I think). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Only a short update today but it's always nice to add another three points to our PPG tracker which now sees us on course to land 73/74 points.

image.thumb.png.fc6568adc92e30acc2ad45eef1513c8a.png

I could definitely see a world in which we get 8 points from our next 4 games in line with our projection but I'd be absolutely stunned if Spurs picked up 11. If they did, and we failed to pick up the points needed to overtake them (6), then they'd certainly be the more deserving team. It's going to be a hell of a run-in.

My favourite time of the week

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Only a short update today but it's always nice to add another three points to our PPG tracker which now sees us on course to land 73/74 points.

image.thumb.png.fc6568adc92e30acc2ad45eef1513c8a.png

I could definitely see a world in which we get 8 points from our next 4 games in line with our projection but I'd be absolutely stunned if Spurs picked up 11. If they did, and we failed to pick up the points needed to overtake them (6), then they'd certainly be the more deserving team. It's going to be a hell of a run-in.

Many thanks for this. I still find it incredible that we have lost to Newcastle twice and Man United twice this season but still 16 points ahead of both.  I can see us getting another 5 or 6 points in our remaining games, making 4th place ours.

• Thanks 1