Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, beasley14 said:

They have flashes of quality but are really inconsistent.   One good thing for our game is they have to play Arsenal the Tuesday before!

Got some really good home form too

I wouldn't want to be spurs playing at the bridge vs a team unbeaten in 9 games there and they've had their number for 20 years now

13 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Nice to see sky already awarding us a 2-0 win against Bournemouth

DepF63E.jpeg

Imagine the conspiracy theory nutjobs if it does happen!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

That Liverpool game couldn't have been better placed for us imo. Our last home game of the season, Liverpool could very well be out of the title race at that point. The atmosphere will be electric. With City and Arsenal out of the way I'm very satisfied with our remaining fixtures compared to Spurs. This will be a season for the ages. We'll be talking about the "Round Badge Season" for decades to come.

Also being on a Monday night could be quite beneficial, if we beat Lille on Thursday, as we will then be playing the conference league semi final second leg the Thursday before so the extra day of recovery will be very welcome before that game. 

8 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

The game against Bournemouth 3 days after a tough away trip to Lille (and possibly extra time) is not going to be easy. It’s great that we’re feeling positive again but that Bournemouth game is going to be a hard slog. If they can grind out the win after the 10 days we will have had, it would be amazing.

We looked fresher second half on Sunday than Arsenal did and they had 48 hours extra recovery.

Bit of flexibility with the team aswell given we had success with 4-2-3-1 so with Luiz returning on Thursday one of the attackers probably drops out, maybe two with Bailey starting and they can start again v Bournemouth.

Lenglet and Cash also options for that game.

8 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

It's Pep, he doesn't do easing off games.

They lost to Brentford on the final day last season as they were resting players for the respective cup finals.

I think the title race will still go to the final day. Indeed Arsenal actually play twice  before Man.City play another league match so they could win them, be 4 points ahead and put pressure on Man. City to win their two spare games.

The dream scenario is this now. We beat Bournemouth and Chelsea, 9 point lead and superior GD. Spurs can't handle the pressure and lose to Arsenal and Chelsea.

We will then play Brighton before they play again so a chance to go 12 points clear. In that scenario Spurs would have to beat Liverpool and Man. City to have any hope of catching us and even then we'd just need a point from our final two games.

I think 4th is done if we beat Bournemouth and Chelsea so it's there for us.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They lost to Brentford on the final day last season as they were resting players for the respective cup finals.

I think the title race will still go to the final day. Indeed Arsenal actually play twice  before Man.City play another league match so they could win them, be 4 points ahead and put pressure on Man. City to win their two spare games.

The dream scenario is this now. We beat Bournemouth and Chelsea, 9 point lead and superior GD. Spurs can't handle the pressure and lose to Arsenal and Chelsea.

We will then play Brighton before they play again so a chance to go 12 points clear. In that scenario Spurs would have to beat Liverpool and Man. City to have any hope of catching us and even then we'd just need a point from our final two games.

I think 4th is done if we beat Bournemouth and Chelsea so it's there for us.

To be honest I’m more worried right now about Lille and the Conference than 4th. That goal Lille scored made it more tough. But after Arsenal result and Luiz rest, we might be more fresh going into that game with hopefully more confidence. Also some important games in the next few days. 

• Like 1

Imagine if we secured fourth and reached the conference League final. With the conference final being a deciding factor whether 5th gave cl football.

Id hate to be Spurs 

9 hours ago, Kingman said:

Nice to see sky already awarding us a 2-0 win against Bournemouth

DepF63E.jpeg

How can this even happen. A Villa fan working for Sky having a laugh ?

worth a sneaky bet?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How can this even happen. A Villa fan working for Sky having a laugh ?

worth a sneaky bet?

I just did, it’s 10/1 … maybe that’s why they do it!? 😂 

• Haha 1