Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 minute ago, beasley14 said:

It will change with sustained success in fairness, it's just been a long time.  I'd be more confident of we can get a win against Bournemouth, just nervous as our form has dipped quite a bit recently.

The concern from most I would say is that we have lost key players .We have to  play the next 2 with basically 2 senior CMS who will also have to play away at Lille.

Hopefully Cash is back at least so we can get Konsa back to CB.

50 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

A lot rides on the Arsenal Bayern game. 

If Dortmund and Bayern go out that should be enough. I do worry about us though with just a single goal lead as Lille are good side

On the plus side we are now mathematically safe from relegation 

• Haha 1

If we assume Liverpool and West Ham are out and Liverpool win and West Ham lose their games next week.

We need Arsenal, City through and Dortmund and Bayern out and it's all but done. 

If Leverkusen and say Bayren go through we need Villa and City to make the finals (City knocking Bayern out). 

The sky commentator in the Bournemouth Man U game said that Villa fans will be watching this game with interest as Villa and Man United are vying for champions league spots.

Odd use of the word vying.

• Haha 1

If we lose to Arsenal and Liverpool as is pretty much expected. 3 wins and a draw from the other 4 should see us through to 4th. We went on a similar run at the end of last season. I know Unai can pull it off. We got this 💪

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

If we lose to Arsenal and Liverpool as is pretty much expected. 3 wins and a draw from the other 4 should see us through to 4th. We went on a similar run at the end of last season. I know Unai can pull it off. We got this 💪

Still annoyed at those 9 mins of madness against Brentford. 2 points we should not have dropped.

25 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Would it be a bad thing, if we… you know… exited the Europa conference? Is the opportunity to focus on champs league not far greater overall? 

3 games away from a European final… yes, it would be a bad thing…

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Still annoyed at those 9 mins of madness against Brentford. 2 points we should not have dropped.

Look at it this way, I'm sure it'll make us a lot more focused now. Don't see the same happening against Bournemouth or Chelsea now. We are locked in. It's all about grinding out a result away to Brighton imo. Hopefully we can keep our unbeaten run up against them 

4 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Spurs could conceivably get 0 points from these fixtures. This would come with at best -3 to their goal difference.

IMG_2030.jpeg

They’re playing those games at some pretty crazy times as well! I do miss the time when all matches started at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. 😜

Edited by briny_ear
  • Haha 2

Weirdly, i would say Newcastle are more of a threat now than Manure, if you had to say which one of them was a threat.

Both teams on same points and same games, but.....

Newcastle's run in is Palace, Sheff utd, Burnley, Brighton, Manure & Brentford.

Manure's run in is Sheff Utd, Burnley, Palace, Arsenal, Newcastle, Brighton.

tbh, both have a much easier run in than us or Spurs.

17 minutes ago, turvontour said:

The sky commentator in the Bournemouth Man U game said that Villa fans will be watching this game with interest as Villa and Man United are vying for champions league spots.

Odd use of the word vying.

They obviously rate Manures chances of CL qualification higher than Villa 🤣

6 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Spurs could conceivably get 0 points from these fixtures. This would come with at best -3 to their goal difference.

IMG_2030.jpeg

If only we didn't have to play Arsenal, Chelsea and... Liverpool!! It's the other games that are relevant.

Edited by jackbauer24

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

They’re playing those games at some pretty crazy times as well! I do miss the time when all matches started at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. 😜

Sorry… based on NZ

• Like 1