Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I want fifth as a minimum and I'm willing to cheer on the likes of Arsenal to get the English coefficient up. I know I'm not alone. 

You're not alone. I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is.

Rrrrrrrrrrrr-sen-ol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

10 league games left, whoever’s making the match threads better include “Cup Final” in the title. It worked last season .

And European games as “co-efficient final” 😂

On 11/03/2024 at 14:26, duke313 said:

Based on this and the current odds Prem gets extra spot (64.9%) 

Villa currently have 71% chance of being in Champions League next season. So let's get behind the Villa, have trust in Emery.

Things are definitely not lost yet.

(Calc: 41% + (46.2% x 64.9%) = 71%)

Edited by zak
  • Like 1

even after Sunday I am still in the camp that wont cheer on the other Premier League teams. Hate them all and this is Sky wet dream for other fans to cheer on the scum 6

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

10 league games left, whoever’s making the match threads better include “Cup Final” in the title. It worked last season .

Funnily enough - we were in a much more dire situation after the international break in March last year.

11 matches left and we were 5 points behind 7th place Liverpool at the time. We still had to go 7-2-2, 2.09 PPG just to get 7th.

Conversely, Spurs were in 5th and ahead by 8 points and complete collapsed.

So I guess the moral of the story there is we need to be about average (1.5 PPG) to get over the 70 point line.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Funnily enough - we were in a much more dire situation after the international break in March last year.

11 matches left and we were 5 points behind 7th place Liverpool at the time. We still had to go 7-2-2, 2.09 PPG just to get 7th.

Conversely, Spurs were in 5th and ahead by 8 points and complete collapsed.

So I guess the moral of the story there is we need to be about average (1.5 PPG) to get over the 70 point line.

I feel that to stay ahead of Spurs we will need 72-74 points. 

56 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

West Ham is absolutely enormous now. Lose that and we could see us have a really poor end to the season. 

Ideal scenario: West Ham win 1-0, get points from the win, 30 mins extra time ( tired legs for Sunday), then They win on pens getting qualified bonus.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Ideal scenario: West Ham win 1-0, get points from the win, 30 mins extra time ( tired legs for Sunday), then They win on pens getting qualified bonus.

And based on how the predictions (in jest admittedly) of a 4-0 win for Villa on Sunday went, it's far more likely this is what happens to Villa on Thursday... and we lose on penalties!

Just now, paul514 said:

Arsenal through, porto out
Barca through Napoli out

is the napoli result good for us

Yeah it limits Italy’s advance, right folks?