Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You thought 4th was out the question.

Not that it’s relevant, but did I?

Edited by Stevo985

Magic number turns to 6 wins. Two back to back is huge but on point for Unai. We have generally gotten points in the matches we’re favored. A tricky one next week against a very physical Luton side but if we can get all 3 points, setting ourselves up well for the home stretch. 

6 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Magic number turns to 6 wins. Two back to back is huge but on point for Unai. We have generally gotten points in the matches we’re favored. A tricky one next week against a very physical Luton side but if we can get all 3 points, setting ourselves up well for the home stretch. 

I think 5 wins and some draws will be enough.

A win against Luton would be massive and give us an 8 pt lead with superior GD going into the game against Spurs.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Think we showed a lot of grit to win that game today. Ok we should never have been in that position to almost throw it away in the first place but with Torres off and our 3 goal lead having been cut to 1 at the beginning of the second half I was fully expecting Forest to go on and get a third (at least). That we ended up getting the next goal and seeing the game out relatively comfortably is a huge boost.

• Like 3

Big win today, it was always going to be, regardless of the Man Utd score, but given that they lost, it feels huge.

If we can win at Luton next week, and assuming Man Utd lose to City, I don’t see them making up 11 points and goal difference on us. It will then be us and Spurs….

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Think we showed a lot of grit to win that game today. Ok we should never have been in that position to almost throw it away in the first place but with Torres off and our 3 goal lead having been cut to 1 at the beginning of the second half I was fully expecting Forest to go on and get a third (at least). That we ended up getting the next goal and seeing the game out relatively comfortably is a huge boost.

I think we did just enough today, and last week was the same - we are winning by fine margins, but winning nonetheless.

Defending set pieces is becoming a real issue though, and it will cost us when we play the top 3 as they are all very good at attacking set pieces.