Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If we beat Forest and Luton, Spurs won't be a "must" anything. Spurs are not Man City, and we're not in the title race. Spurs will drop points again at some point, as will we. It's only Arsenal and Liverpool who can't afford to drop any points at all. 

But they have Big Ange mate?

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I didn’t watch or listen to the game but really please to get three points with others dropping them

So are you now thinking our seasons isn’t a write off due to our lack of January business which according to you last week it was ?

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I honestly don't mind the guy, but every single time they show this picture on Sky I piss myself laughing at him

skysports-ange-spurs_6328656.jpg?2023102

He's got a fantastic deal on sports cars vibe for sure with that

• Like 2

Just now, AshVilla said:

6 more wins required.

Just now, AshVilla said:

6 more wins required.

Assuming we’d draw some of the rest of the games rather than lose them all, I’d argue we need 5 wins. Maybe 4

but yeah 18 points from here should do it. Probably comfortably. That’s less than 1.4PPG

We’ll be fine

I was unsure about today but great result. I think we’ll hammer Forest, then we should beat Luton although it’s definitely not a guarantee we’ll get anything as they are tricky at home. We then face spurs at home and I don’t think we should be worried too much about them but it’s a huge game. West Ham away and wolves at home before we face city away. We are on track again but we always were. 

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Assuming we’d draw some of the rest of the games rather than lose them all, I’d argue we need 5 wins. Maybe 4

but yeah 18 points from here should do it. Probably comfortably. That’s less than 1.4PPG

We’ll be fine

Really? I think we’ll need at least 6 wins, (maybe 7) because Man Utd have hit some form now.  

They play Luton and Fulham next so you’d assume they’ll get 6 points. Which means we also need to beat Luton.  

That means you think we’ll be ok winning just 3-4  more games this season after Luton 😮

20 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Really? I think we’ll need at least 6 wins, (maybe 7) because Man Utd have hit some form now.  

They play Luton and Fulham next so you’d assume they’ll get 6 points. Which means we also need to beat Luton.  

That means you think we’ll be ok winning just 3-4  more games this season after Luton 😮

I said 18 points will do it. So 5 wins and 3 draws. 4 wins and 6 draws. However it happens. 

18 points from here puts us on 67 points. Almost always good enough for 5th place. 

If we get 18 more points then United need 27 points. Including tomorrow’s game. That’s a big difference

Edit: I’m talking about 5th place by the way. Not 4th

Edited by Stevo985

12 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I reckon 7 wins, today has been huge.

We also have a nice cushion over Newcastle despite losing to then twice.

Newcastle were never going to overtake us. I said last week talk of that was hysteria. 

6th was the lowest we were ever going to finish

• Like 1