Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Ok but we genuinely played well against United last night? It wasn't like the Chelsea or Newcastle games at all.

And that's without mentioning the demolition of Sheffield United. Yeah they're shit but if we really were as bad as people are making out, we wouldn't have won that game so easily.

We probably didn’t look as bad. But to be honest I struggle to see much beyond the goals we concede when we lose, because it’s usually down to the defence looking like an absolute shambles. And, be fair, the United goals were piss poor. 

And, I do think United will catch us. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Honestly your confidence is great. But, let’s not kid ourselves here. We look likely to lose 3 or 4 in a row. Utd have hit form and manage to grind out results whilst being so rediculously boring to watch. We are bad at the moment, injuries means we struggle to get a consistent starting 11. Defence has taken an absolute battering. We won’t stay ahead of United for much longer. 

Last night we looked like we would steamroller our next 3 opponents so no, I don’t agree

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tayls said:

And Newcastle. They’re all winning games and not necessarily playing brilliantly. Grinding out the wins whilst are on a nosedive in form. 

Na, not too worried about Newcastle. They are the one team with more injuries than we do 😅

Yes, I think there's reason to be down with our form and injuries.

But in the last 8 matches since Arsenal, we have 3W-2D-3L and all 3 losses were against United x2 and Newcastle.

So if other teams can get credit for playing shit and getting points - we probably only played well for about 2 matches (Sheffield and United) in that run of 8 and still cobbled 11 points.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We probably didn’t look as bad. But to be honest I struggle to see much beyond the goals we concede when we lose, because it’s usually down to the defence looking like an absolute shambles. And, be fair, the United goals were piss poor. 

And, I do think United will catch us. 

Fortunately we have Torres back pretty much any game now.

53 minutes ago, Tayls said:

And Newcastle. They’re all winning games and not necessarily playing brilliantly. Grinding out the wins whilst are on a nosedive in form. 

Newcastle? Since we beat Arsenal on 9th December we have 1 more point than them and they've played a game more.

They've won 3 league games, drawn 1, lost 5, including batterings at Spurs and Liverpool.

Applying the same logic you have to our results/performances then surely its all about to fall apart for them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We’re better than we’ve been since Martin O’Neil’s era, both tactically and performance wise. We have been badly hurt by injuries, and continue to be, annoyingly.

We narrowly lost to the mancs, but we could have easily won, and I’m sure if we play the way we do, we will still be in for top 4/5 (once the defence sorts itself out/Pau returns).

This whole wheels coming off narrative is silly, considering after our bad run of form, we’re still the highest we’ve been in the league for many many years.

I wish we had a full squad though, Jesus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

We’re better than we’ve been since Martin O’Neil’s era, both tactically and performance wise. We have been badly hurt by injuries, and continue to be, annoyingly.

We narrowly lost to the mancs, but we could have easily won, and I’m sure if we play the way we do, we will still be in for top 4/5 (once the defence sorts itself out/Pau returns).

This whole wheels coming off narrative is silly, considering after our bad run of form, we’re still the highest we’ve been in the league for many many years.

I wish we had a full squad though, Jesus.

Do you not think Kamara being out the rest if the season will not make the defense worse?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Do you not think Kamara being out the rest if the season will not make the defense worse?

In honestly... I think a " Kamara type " of player is easier to make up for/replace with attributes than if we lost a key player up top or in middle ( Not naming any names to tempt fate ).

If we never had so many injuries in other areas it would have been even easier to make up ink.

• Like 1

Chelsea a concern now with their upturn in results… gaps closing all over the place now. We were 20 points ahead of them. Now 12. 

Edited by Tayls

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

No

You don't get it - we are literally the worst team in the worst form of all time. We will struggle to win another game this season. We are terrible everything is terrible.

• Haha 1

Just now, Captain_Townsend said:

Whey are our fans heaping pressure on us? We need to close ranks,  **** everyone, and get behind the team.

It's the same posters that are always **** complaining

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

You don't get it - we are literally the worst team in the worst form of all time. We will struggle to win another game this season. We are terrible everything is terrible.

We may never win another game ever again.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Chelsea a concern now with their upturn in results… gaps closing all over the place now. We were 20 points ahead of them. Now 12. 

Man. City away for them at the weekend....

They were supposed to play Spurs at home but that's been cancelled with them in league cup so hopefully they're in form when that gets re-arranged.

Was a big win for Chelsea tonight otherwise they'd have probably been stuck in the bottom half for a few weeks which would've probably seen Poch getting very close to being sacked.

5 hours ago, CVByrne said:

A question I wish could be answered. I do hate football. There is no joy at all to it. Win a game happy for a few mins or just relieved. Games like Newcastle at the start of the season or United yesterday. Days of suffering.

There is no trade off. It's all a complete negative. Especially this cursed club 

Then for god's sake man, do something else with your time, for your own benefit. Take up hiking, do some photography. Learn to play a musical instrument. This may not be the best way to fill your time. I'm being serious. 

What's actually happened is we've lost a game, and lost an important player to injury. It's a small blow, but in the grand scheme of things it's trivial. 

• Like 2