Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Spurs will soon be a speck on the horizon. Time to start looking over our shoulder than even thinking about the teams above us.

Our luck has run out and we’ve been poor for a long time (yesterday aside). Injuries will kill us and id be surprised if we finish 6th. 

At least we have 40 points. 😌

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Right and who replaces Kamara? Team is weak as ****.

Probably Tielemans....

It will have to do although the midfield remains experienced but more unbalanced with McGinn and Luiz deeper when picking up the ball.

Feels like a good time of the season to give Tim a start or two and see how he adapts but Emery's been hardly bringing him on in games so can't see him randomly throwing him in from the start. And he's not really a DM either...

I'd have kept Donk around for rest of the season if we weren't actually going to sell him in the January window tbh.

I just read a facebook memory notification.  This day, 12 years ago where I'm publicly bemoaning Emile Heskey playing on the right wing for us,

I'm just trying to take a little perspective from this, as hard it still is after yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

If Kamara and Konsa are out for the season we won't get top 6. Way too many games left plus with Europe on top, we have no direct replacement for them.

We did alright yesterday without them, convinced Kamara isn't fit anyway the way he's been playing,. Pau and Digne will be back, it'll be 4th or 5th for me, I doubt Tottenham will pull away much, an on form we are a match if not better than them. 9 points from the next 3 games, Fulham, Forest, Luton is achievable and needs to happen if we are to stay within touching distance of a CL place

29 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We did alright yesterday without them, convinced Kamara isn't fit anyway the way he's been playing,. Pau and Digne will be back, it'll be 4th or 5th for me, I doubt Tottenham will pull away much, an on form we are a match if not better than them. 9 points from the next 3 games, Fulham, Forest, Luton is achievable and needs to happen if we are to stay within touching distance of a CL place

Can't see 9 points at all. Fulham away is usually a game we struggle to win year in year out although ironically good things happen when we do lose to them e.g. Gerrard getting sacked.

Would be o.k with scrambling a draw out of that and then we simply must beat Forest. Luton wouldn't be easy at all as they score plenty from set pieces so will be a completely different game to when they just defended at VP.

That's a big one though as it's the Manchester derby that weekend so that feels like a game Man. United will probably lose by a few goals so we must capitalise to get a decent gap again before more tricky games in March and April.

I think we can still do it. I watched Spurs - Brighton and they were lucky to win that, likewise Man Utd were lucky to beat us. Between now and the end of the season, we will get lucky and win some games we don’t deserve to as well.

Key for us is that we need to start winning away from home regularly to offset the dip in home form, starting at Fulham on Saturday.

Ramsey is a game changer for us, him and Bailey have to start every game as they give us the pace and dynamism in a way that noone else in our squad does. They were both great yesterday, as it’s very difficult to stop both of them.

If we can get Torres back this weekend as well, I think we will see a return to our early season form and results. 

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

If Kamara and Konsa are out for the season we won't get top 6. Way too many games left plus with Europe on top, we have no direct replacement for them.

Yes we will. Do you realise what sort of massive collapse would have to happen for us to finish 7th? 

We probably only need about 12-15 points to secure top 6. That's relegation form

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

With these injuries 7th will be success.

7th would be an absolute failure from this position.

Luckily it won't happen

• Like 1

6th is quite probable now in my opinion, but I don’t think we’ll drop as low as 7th. We’d have all taken 6th and The Conference League before the season started. Still very much doable. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Spurs will soon be a speck on the horizon. Time to start looking over our shoulder than even thinking about the teams above us.

Our luck has run out and we’ve been poor for a long time (yesterday aside). Injuries will kill us and id be surprised if we finish 6th. 

Luck has run out? Are you saying we are lucky to be where we are and we should be further down the table

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

7th would be an absolute failure from this position.

Luckily it won't happen

I think any European football next season would be success. 

Hopefully won't happen but we've got some serious gaps in the squad and back up players out of form.

• Like 1

Ok so the result wasn’t good.

However the performance was!

I’m with Unai ,this thing isn’t going downhill at all.

In comparison with the last month it’s looking up again.

UTV

Edited by MarkLillis