Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

53 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

The draw for the Play Off Round (where we enter) is made before QR3 is played, so any non-seeded teams knocking out seeded ones in QR3 inherit their coefficient for the Play Off round.

Eg; the draw for QR3 is made and puts seeded Club Brugge against unseeded FC Azerbaijan Farmers, and then the Play Off draw sees Club Brugge or FC Azerbaijan Farmers vs Aston Villa.

If FC Azerbaijan Farmers beat Brugge then they don't do a redraw - they'd just play Villa.

Best wheat in Azerbaijan, you'll never sing that

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

First Qualifying Round Draw

FK Sutjeska (MNE) V SS Cosmos (SMR)

Balzan FC (MLT) V NK Domžale (SVN)

FC Vaduz (LIE) V FC Neman Grodno (BLR)

Ararat-Armenia FC (ARM) V KF Egnatia (ALB)

FC Torpedo Kutaisi (GEO) V FK Sarajevo (BIH)

Alashkert FC (ARM) V FK Arsenal Tivat (MNE)

FK Željezničar (BIH) V FC Dinamo Minsk (BLR)

La Fiorita 1967 (SMR) V FC Zimbru Chisinau (MDA)

NK Maribor (SVN) V Birkirkara FC (MLT)

KF Tirana (ALB) V FC Dinamo Batumi (GEO)

Dundalk FC (IRL) V FCB Magpies (GIB)

Víkingur (FRO) V Inter Club d'Escaldes (AND)

FC Progrès Niederkorn (LUX) V SC Gjilani (KOS)

Linfield FC (NIR) V KF Vllaznia (ALB)

KA Akureyri (ISL) V Connah's Quay Nomads FC (WAL)

KF Shkëndija (MKD) V Haverfordwest County AFC (WAL)

FC Haka Valkeakoski (FIN) V Crusaders FC (NIR)

HB Tórshavn (FRO) V Derry City FC (IRL)

Riga FC (LVA) V Víkingur Reykjavík (ISL)

MŠK Žilina (SVK) V FC Levadia Tallinn (EST)

FC Pyunik (ARM) V JK Narva Trans (EST)

Panevezys (LTU) V FC Milsami Orhei (MDA)

FC Tobol Kostanay (KAZ) V FC Honka Espoo (FIN)

FC DAC 1904 Dunajská Streda (SVK) V FC Dila Gori (GEO)

FK Makedonija GP Skopje (MKD) V FC RFS (LVA)

KF Dukagjini (KOS) V Europa FC (GIB)

Penybont FC (WAL) V FC Santa Coloma (AND)

FC Hegelmann Litauen (LTU) V FC Shkupi 1927 (MKD)

F91 Diddeleng (LUX) V Saint Patrick's Athletic FC (IRL)

B36 Tórshavn (FRO) V Paide Linnameeskond (EST)

Gżira United FC (MLT) V Glentoran FC (NIR)

Second Qualifying Round draw takes place tomorrow. This is interesting for us as we will see who the 9 sides above us in the seedings get.

Wheres the Kazak team? I was hoping to draw them as that and Israel are the 2 countries I've not visited from the qualified teams. Do they enter later?

9 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Wheres the Kazak team? I was hoping to draw them as that and Israel are the 2 countries I've not visited from the qualified teams. Do they enter later?

Kazakhstan side, Tobol Kostanay play Honka of Finland. Two more Kazakh sides enter tomorrow's second round draw, as do the 3 Israeli teams in the competition.

• Thanks 1

On 12/06/2023 at 00:01, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Me three....

What a game, I met a few players that night...

Cowans, Platt, Zenga, Klinsmann, Brehme and the great Jimmy Greaves, proper gent he was.

Unfortunately my hero at the time decided not to stop, Lothar Matthäus; my Dad called him a miserable German B****** 

That Inter team had three World Cup winners, Villa destroyed them.

me four, the one thing above all other I remember after viewing the footage upon my return was Kents massive flob 

24 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Sounds like they’re checking out the ownership of the 2 clubs to ensure it meets the rules. I’m sure it does. 

I dont like the sound of investigating us. I am guessing everything is above board but Spurs will be begging to get into Europe on a technicality

imagine wtih the whole PIF/chelsea/newcastle thing UEFA are just being extra dilligent. 'investigation' sounds bad, but it's probably just double checking things

it's not like either club have benefited from this merger yet anway...we've not sent any players each way or anything

it would be very **** typical though for us to finally get into europe only to be booted out before we've played a match!

51 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Sounds like they’re checking out the ownership of the 2 clubs to ensure it meets the rules. I’m sure it does. 

From reading the article, they're also looking at the Toulouse/Milan and the Brighton/USG connections. Assume it's just standard procedure for UEFA to have a look when a combination of clubs that have shared ownership both qualify for Europe for the first time under the multi-club rules to make sure they don't fall foul of them. Given how V Sport don't even have a majority share in Vitoria, I don't see how there should be a problem.

Edited by wishywashy

10 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I wonder if it's the son of the bloke that wanted us thrown out of the European Cup Final after the semi-final, that's heading up the UEFA investigation? You would have thought other clubs merited a little more scrutiny than we do. :rolleyes:

On 15/06/2023 at 23:43, abdulaziz1 said:

What happened with Juve? Have they solved their issues yet?

I understand they are ready  to have a meeting with UEFA to sort things out, once and for all;):

The Ride | The Sopranos Wiki | Fandom