Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

There’s still a very good chance that Juventus are banned from Europe, which would mean that Fiorentina would come in to the competition, unless they win in the final against West Ham, which would mean no Italian team. 

Their ECL spot would go to Bologna surely?

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Their ECL spot would go to Bologna surely?

You have to finish at least 7th(/8th if a team above you is banned) to qualify via the league for the Conference League. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

You have to finish at least 7th(/8th if a team above you is banned) to qualify via the league for the Conference League. 

I see, didn't know there was restrictions on teams below 8th.  Who would the Italian spot go to in that scenario?

9 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Isn’t Lech Poznan the team Tonev came from? Then we have Rapid Vienna, Vitoria, Bashakeser (isn’t it Traore team?), ofcourse Brugge (our first PL year) and Juve peace cup.

A lot of familiar names up there lol. 

I think the teams that we could face in the play off and have previously faced in competitive fixtures are:

image.png.48fa5cd5dd60942bec2943b54430926a.png

On 04/06/2023 at 23:05, VillaChris said:

Osasuna get the 7th spot in Spain then. Quite nice achievement as they also got to the Copa Del Rey final and narrowly lost to Real Madrid.

Juventus 7th in Serie A so they'll be favourites to win this based on reputation.

Lost Glasgow - This time, last year, I was blethering... | Facebook 

On 04/06/2023 at 18:11, Ceemo said:

Confirmed there a few minutes ago that Viborg have finished in 4th spot in Denmark and will face Midtjylland next Friday evening at 17:00.

We need a Viborg victory in that one along with Fenerbahce beating Istanbul Basaksehir next Sunday.

We really should have piled in earlier, when we needed 8 results to go against us, it is now only 8/1 with Coral for the Midtjylland (win) & Istanbul Basaksehir (draw no bet) double. ;)

1 minute ago, troon_villan said:

Horrible result.  Will soon forget about it but that takes the shine off the tournament a bit.

Takes the shine off?! I’m sat here envisaging this being us next season. Can’t effing wait! 💫⚽

• Like 4

JFC Rob Green on BBC live reporting saying Villa turned down Bowen. No we effing didn't

P.S. on further research not talking about when was at Hull but as 10 year old. Big whoop, that's drawing a long bow. 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1