Marco Asensio

wishywashy

While it wouldn’t quite be swapping one bench for another, surely if he goes to PSG then he’s just going from being a rotation option at Madrid to similar in Paris? Surely he’s at the point of his career where he wants to play every week?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

PSG can’t make any guarantees. They have  no manager, Messi and Neymar are leaving  and they couldn’t even keep their promises to Mbappe. 

He’s not really serious if he goes there.

They can make plenty financially.

The lure of playing again with big name players, they will promise him the world, then use him sparingly.

We will offer him everything yet my head says he takes the psg option. 

39 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'm pretty certain he won't turn down PSG, he'll think he can do a 'football project' in a few years yet.

I’m not sure I agree.  If he’s talking about wanting to play more, being a focal point blah blah blah then he’s wanting it now.  Also PSG don’t have a manager, I’m thinking it’s 50/50, it’s just down to what is priority for him.

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

PSG can’t make any guarantees. They have  no manager, Messi and Neymar are leaving  and they couldn’t even keep their promises to Mbappe. 

He’s not really serious if he goes there.

Well, yes, but it is PSG. It's top models and £1000 steaks in Qatar, it's F1 Grand Prix Royal box, it's many many $$$ more, it's higher profile for Fifa playing youth.

He might play less than at Villa. But it's not like PSG isn't a big pull. We are talking about one of the best squads (not teams) in the world. 

I'm sure he will fancy his chances against the likes of Soler. 

Let's not kid ourselves. We are an interesting project on the up - not much more (yet). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Well, yes, but it is PSG. It's top models and £1000 steaks in Qatar, it's F1 Grand Prix Royal box, it's many many $$$ more, it's higher profile for Fifa playing youth.

He might play less than at Villa. But it's not like PSG isn't a big pull. We are talking about one of the best squads (not teams) in the world. 

Let's not kid ourselves. We are an interesting project on the up - not much more (yet). 

Inclined to agree...

Be rather difficult for Emery and Villa to compete.

It's all about the money and middle East it would seem for most footballers; it is where many of them head for their holidays.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

I think he will end up here, he's won everything with Real, there's not really any sporting reason for him to go to PSG, a lot of the Spanish based signings PSG made recently were coming from the tier below in la Liga where PSG would feel like a big step up.

We will have offered him a huge contract, I've no doubt, and a chance to play in the PL with an ambitious project. If he does go to PSG, then maybe that's probably for the best as his hunger may not be there anyway.

I'm still optimistic on this one, looks a good fit for our side, may just lack that but of pace on the right side, but his tech ical quality makes up for it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillaJay said:

I think he will end up here, he's won everything with Real, there's not really any sporting reason for him to go to PSG, a lot of the Spanish based signings PSG made recently were coming from the tier below in la Liga where PSG would feel like a big step up.

We will have offered him a huge contract, I've no doubt, and a chance to play in the PL with an ambitious project. If he does go to PSG, then maybe that's probably for the best as his hunger may not be there anyway.

I'm still optimistic on this one, looks a good fit for our side, may just lack that but of pace on the right side, but his tech ical quality makes up for it.

This is the one. If he chooses PSG over us, he wasn't right for us. Unai is a mentality monster, we know this now. Choosing the "project" in Paris is not demonstrable evidence of the mentality he wants from players in our squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The lure of playing again with big name players, they will promise him the world, then use him sparingly.

If he's married, the wife would probably prefer Paris, it has to be said. Closer commute back to Spain as well.

9 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

This is the one. If he chooses PSG over us, he wasn't right for us. Unai is a mentality monster, we know this now. Choosing the "project" in Paris is not demonstrable evidence of the mentality he wants from players in our squad.

I agree, even though Unai himself made the move to PSG, it was an upward move at the time, for Asensio any move will be a downwards move.

At Villa he can be a star, that won't happen at PSG.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Maybe, the quotes attributed to him say otherwise. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

As I said, if the quotes attributed to h8m are true, then what PSG offer him is nothing different from Real. He won’t be the main man at PSG, but he would at Villa.

2 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

As I said, if the quotes attributed to h8m are true, then what PSG offer him is nothing different from Real. He won’t be the main man at PSG, but he would at Villa.

Agreed, if the quotes are true then he’s picking us over PSG

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Absolutely true but the decision is going to come down to his priorities. Ligue 1 is pretty shit tbh, especially compared to LL and the PL - if he's got actual footballing ambitions, he's not going to go to a lesser league than he's at now to also be a rotation option. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Both PSG and Real can guarantee Champions League football, and getting far in those competitions.

Villa can make no such guarantee, in fact finishing in top 6 next year would be seen as a success. 

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Both PSG and Real can guarantee Champions League football, and getting far in those competitions.

Villa can make no such guarantee, in fact finishing in top 6 next year would be seen as a success. 

But CL football isn’t what he has been saying or he would have stayed at Real. He wants to be the main man and wants to start, something neither PSG nor Real can offer.

Â