Match Thread: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Up and down half. We've looked good going forward but Brighton are getting at this high line very easily, if they don't score a 2nd I'll be amazed. The defence have been off it big time. 

Leeds we need your help. Just score please. 

They have absolutely nothing to play for and they’re being one of the whiniest, snidiest teams I’ve seen for a while. Wtf 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The offside rule is bollocks tbf. Half their **** team is offside, but for some reason interfering with play is a factor for attackers but not defenders, so it's onside because someone's foot is in the wrong place half a pitch away while he's got 3 or 4 teammates miles off alongside him. It's **** stupid. 

Yep, they're allowed to stand offside and be in the way of our defenders tracking back, but as long as they don't play the ball themselves it's on. The current way it's ruled is absolute garbage. You should be considered offside if you're within 10m of another player or the ball, regardless of whether you attempt to play it.

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

I mean I wish they'd have a day off, but this Brighton team is really good. I'd rather we emulated them going forward, and not the Sky 6.

I reckon we are a better side with more limited squad depth, they can’t live with us when we press and short sharp interplay with runners. Problem is we can’t do that for 45 minutes.

Just now, Wurzel said:

I've got alcohol

I've resorted to opening my 2 year old lumpy home brew. If you don't see me post after today, assume I've gone blind.

But don't feel too bad for me, I'll still have a long career ahead of me as a Premier League ref.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, ThunderPower_14 said:

You should be considered offside if you're within 10m of another player or the ball, regardless of whether you attempt to play it.

In theory I don't hate it, but it's enough of a farce with the time taken to draw some straight lines, the last thing we need is VAR getting their **** compasses out :D 

• Haha 1