Midweek Football 22/25 May

andykeenan

Just now, villa89 said:

Newcastle won the fourth place trophy. Fair play to them. 

Hey ! Show some respect to the gateshead globetrotters !

Pretty much a strategic draw there. Newcastle get what they want to make top 4 and Leicester get the point they need to stay up............

Oh.

Staggered with the players Leicester have on the pitch how bad they are. That was 15/16 vintage from us out there.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its just as bad as a loss as they remain 2nd from bottom so its out of their hands.

Awful tactics from smith in my opinion 

Thats them down

Yep he should have went gung ho away at the team 3rd in the table with the worst centre back in league history holding the fort

Newcastle would have put 5/6 past them

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Its just as bad as a loss as they remain 2nd from bottom so its out of their hands.

Awful tactics from smith in my opinion 

Thats them down

If they’d lost, a Leeds win on last day would have sent them down regardless of their result. Now it’s only Everton who can send them down if they win v West Ham.

It’s not a great result, but it’s definitely better than a loss.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, robby b said:

So Leicester need to win this to stay up, realistically and yet in the 91st minute they still haven't had a single attempt on goal. Wow. That is insanely bad.  : /

Can't see them beating West Ham in this state, think they'll do a similar job to what they did on Leeds.

This draw however does change the dynamics a little bit. If Leicester can get a win then Everton have to beat Bournemouth.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Insanely bad would be if they were losing.

They needed to win, not draw. Their staying up is now very out of their hands. I think Everton are likely to win at home to Bournemouth.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

They could have gone for the win, but the likelihood of Newcastle winning also increases being a bit more open. In that scenario of both teams “going for it”, I back Newcastle to win rather than Leicester. And I bet you do too. If they lose tonight they will need to win on Sunday and hope Everton lose. Not draw. Lose.

They’re basically going into West Ham knowing they have to win and Everton can draw as well as lose the game and Leicester will stay up.

It’s a risk, but going for the win against a much better team and leaving with nothing was a risk too.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can't see them beating West Ham in this state, think they'll do a similar job to what they did on Leeds.

This draw however does change the dynamics a little bit. If Leicester can get a win then Everton have to beat Bournemouth.

Don't know I think West ham will have one eye on the conference final 

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Imagine what might have been if they'd not spent 92 minutes **** around with 11 men behind the ball and their thumbs up their arse

Good point, disgusting performance. Hope they go down.

Yh I just imagined it.

With only 10 players behind the ball they’d have lost 6-0

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Don't know I think West ham will have one eye on the conference final 

I agree, I think the West Ham game is very winnable, lots of players not wanting to get injured before likely their best ever chance of European silverware. They won't be up for a scrap IMO.

The main problem is Bournemouth are a pretty easy fixture for Everton.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

been awful since relegation was officially avoided. totally on the beach. everton will win that by 2 or 3

bye leicester

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I agree, I think the West Ham game is very winnable, lots of players not wanting to get injured before likely their best ever chance of European silverware. They won't be up for a scrap IMO.

And its at Leicester so I believe they can win that and if Everton screw up Smith is a hero 

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Leicester should have won that game. 

Huge chance at the end there. 

If you ignore all the chances Newcastle had 😉 

Wasn’t a classic. Leicester squad looks dreadful. They could save themselves a year by going down this season as they’ll almost certainly go next year if not.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

been awful since relegation was officially avoided. totally on the beach. everton will win that by 2 or 3

bye leicester

You'd think, yep. But never know on final day. Stranger things have happened.

Â