Midweek Football 22/25 May

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Sky will make a big thing of that tackle and pair it with the mings one at every opportunity.

One was an all out assault from one of the saudi golden boys and one was a stray foot after winning the ball

The one where mings won the ball and then tried to get out the way but couldn't vs Bruno taking a huge swing at the ball missing and planting his studs in someone's knee

Not to send Bruno off is a disgrace, shocking tackle

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Sky will make a big thing of that tackle and pair it with the mings one at every opportunity.

One was an all out assault from one of the saudi golden boys and one was a stray foot after winning the ball

The Mings one will barely be mentioned again.  In fact, it's barely been mentioned already.

Just now, villa4europe said:

The one where mings won the ball and then tried to get out the way but couldn't vs Bruno taking a huge swing at the ball missing and planting his studs in someone's knee

Not to send Bruno off is a disgrace, shocking tackle

Agreed with the latter, but the Mings challenge is bad.  Let's not brush it off as "bro, I won the ball but couldn't move" - that's exactly why it was dangerous.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I do think the narrative on VT might be different if it was Van Dijk's studs planted in Watkins stomach

Like the narrative of RAWK changed because it wasn't jota and a spurs players head...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Like the narrative of RAWK changed because it wasn't jota and a spurs players head...

Yes, it's all exactly the same.  "Corrupt" ref here, "corrupt" ref there.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That one was bloody shocking.

As an amusing aside, I read a scouser arguing that it wasn't that bad, because the player on the other end of the boot to the head should have already been sent off, which seems like a fair rule to have. I want to see Martinez deliver a people's elbow to the next player we think has dodged a red card.

Just now, bobzy said:

To be fair though, the VAR/officiating is so bad that they're not doing much to dispel the corruption claims.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

To be fair though, the VAR/officiating is so bad that they're not doing much to dispel the corruption claims.

So you think the ref was corruptly in favour of Villa vs Liverpool? 😐 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

So you think the ref was corruptly in favour of Villa vs Liverpool? 😐 

No? Just pointing out that the officiating in many games (not our one) is so poor it's unbelievable that there isn't some sort of corruption involved.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They're not corrupt

Just shit

Would say inconsistent too but maybe they are just consistently shit

But seriously I was surprised mings wasn't sent off and Mings still isn't a patch on that Bruno tackle

• Like 2

Just now, Mantis said:

No? Just pointing out that the officiating in many games (not our one) is so poor it's unbelievable that there isn't some sort of corruption involved.

I don't believe it's corruption, I belive the PL loves the drama and has no real interest in fixing it but it's not corruption

We'll see what Webb brings next season but as much as anything what he doesn't need to bring is more rule changes

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Leicester sneak a 90th minute winner here - there really ought to be some sort of award.

The Official Premier League Jammy Award, sponsored by Jammie Dodgers.

Everton ineligible as they have been recognised as lifetime winners of the award.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Right.

But I'm saying that Liverpool fans were calling that a "corrupt" refereeing performance.  Plenty of people on here were saying the ref was "corrupt" in favour of Liverpool.  It can't be both ways.

Â