Midweek Football 22/25 May

andykeenan

42 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

If I was a Chelsea fan I would be furious at this. These players are on millions and they really don’t look like they give a toss.

They chucked the season in around mid March. Hard to believe they were still above us in the table as late as April 1st when we beat them.

No chance whatsoever Poch can sort all their issues out in one transfer window so they'll still be very hit and miss next season.

32 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's actually looked relatively decent.

Talk Chelsea want him back on another season long loan. I think Felix epitomises Chelsea's issues, looks exciting when on the ball but simply dosen't score or assist enough. If they get him back where does he play next season as he's not prolific enough to play as false 9 and not that effective out wide unless they just put him in Mount's position when he leaves. 

7 hours ago, Genie said:

I don’t think Boelly signs any of the players. He is told who the targets are and asked to supply the money.

If he really is their chief scout then they are in massive trouble.

This is it. 

The owner is putting up the money for the targets identified by his recruitment team and he is doing that part well (or ‘generously’ at least)

Where the owner is responsible though is for setting up the structure in the club, whereby the recruitment team is in sync with the manager and executing the team’s philosophy.

There doesn’t seem to be that structure. It feels more like Potter was given a whole bunch of fancy names and told “here see what you can make of this lot”.

If Boehy is doing his job the recruitment team will be given a shake up and the club philosophy will be rethought.

I feel like they have some good players. They need the manager to be given a chance to mould a team and move on the players he doesn’t need. 

Â