Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

There were a couple of moments earlier in the half where balls over the top caused a bit of trouble (nothing major) but we seem to have nullified that pretty successfully since.

Very good half.

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Absolute joke that it was even considered for serious foul play that's literally the point of the high foot rule. Mings clears the ball. Gets a booking for high foot. But no bellend on commentary mings is a very lucky boy. 

What high boot rule?

I think the ref has been alright under pressure. I'd have liked a card for fabinho but other than that he's not bowed to the crowd and given them a pen or awarded a red. Got our pen spot on when it first looked like Kanoute had won the ball. 

We've looked good, bright in midfield and tested them going forwards. I've just never liked Watkins taking pens

• Like 1

I'm glad I've got the Spanish commentary by the sound of things.  Nice to hear Deeboooo when the ball goes to Martinez.  Overall a very good first half, the injury time must have been because the ref got a jolt from up above for such a great penalty decision.

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I think the ref's been good. He's given us the set pieces we should've had. He gave us a pen. He gave Mings a yellow, as he should. He didn't give a pen to liverpool on two occations. All big decisions have gone right.

Yss can't fault the ref in that half 

• Like 1

Enjoying watching the football we're playing despite the increasingly maddeningly hysterical atmosphere around the last ten minutes, Kamara looks fit and McGinn's strength and decisive distribution in the middle have been great to see

Edited by Annoyman

Fabinho at least 2 yellows. Henderson with the clearest professional foul I've seen.

Co commentator sent me potty with his claim for a red for Mings. Gakpo initiated contact, at no point is Ty's foot going in his direction. 

Ollie, oh dear. He ain't no Anwar.