Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 10 of 10

TheAuthority

Brighton are an extremely capable side, with or without their star players, but you know what? So are we. We’ve got everything we need to beat them, we just have to do the hard part and make it happen. We can’t be relying on Man citeh or Leeds to help us out. It’s time for Emery and the lads to work their magic and take what we’ve earned. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheAuthority said:

I was just thinking he doesn't rate Buendia.

I don't think it's that simplistic.

He's a clever man, he'll be looking at each opponent and wondering what players can do most damage. Brighton are a possession team and Buendia is most effective when we have a lot of possession, so it makes sense to favour Bailey who could potentially hurt them on the break more than Emi

Having said that, Leon misses far more than he scores / creates, so this assessment is not necessarily a vote of confidence from me. Generally I far prefer Buendia

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Might be Bailey’s last real chance to impress before the summer window opens 

He needs selling 100% if he can't do anything today, no idea who Brighton will have at LB but it will be someone out of position and not used to playing there.

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I’m not surprised. Gerrard didn’t either. If Coutinho and Bailey had been fit more often, I don’t think Buendia gets many minutes. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not surprised. Gerrard didn’t either. If Coutinho and Bailey had been fit more often, I don’t think Buendia gets many minutes. 

Coutinho is well down the pecking order, he's played his last game for us.

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Yeah either or isn't it?

Buendia will come on as impact IMO.

Let's be real, as much as i love him, he blows hot and cold as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Brighton’s lineup suggests they can’t be arsed with this game. It’s all for us to take. We can do it 

They've regularly rotated players and still done well.

I think this is just what De Zerbi does.

Knowing them, they have a couple unknown young world beaters who will be fired up to impress ffs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah either or isn't it?

They both do for me. Buendia had his best PL season playing on the right of a front 3 for Norwich. I don't think we've ever played him there.

Playing as a 2nd striker he just isn't strong enough to receive the ball with his back to goal. He can be effective if he gets the ball on the half turn, but I still don't think it's his best position.

Leon, despite a few excellent goals and assists has sadly struggled. I wonder if he'll go back to Europe - Ajax or the Bundesliga.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah either or isn't it?

I think Buendia is better used an impact player tbh 

• Like 1

I said I'd hate Brighton if they go hard for the win, but with the team they have put out, we will only have ourselves to blame if we lose this

Brighton basically playing the kids, I'll be extremely ddisappointed with a loss.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I said I'd hate Brighton if they go hard for the win, but with the team they have put out, we will only have ourselves to blame if we lose this

Brighton basically playing the kids, I'll be extremely ddisappointed with a loss.

They should be going hard for the win, as I would expect is to do if roles were reversed. We’ve just got to “finish the job”

Just now, foreveryoung said:

very talented kids, but yes, i agree, if we dont win this, its 100% our own fault.

• Like 1