Weekends Football 13/14 May

andykeenan

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Depends if we're playing for anything or not.  If we're not, I'm fine with it.

No **** way. Villa to win every game. Always. 

• Like 1

It's on us and Spurs then. A result at Liverpool and it's still on. I think Brentford at home won't be easy and Leeds away . Especially if Leeds are fighting for survival.

I think it's still in our hands. Get a point or better at Liverpool and it gets really interesting.  And I still fancy us to beat Brighton last game, Arsenal have made them look good today.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Well, we don't.  Brighton are fantastic to watch, we're more a work in progress that are generally fairly effective.

Plus they're doing it all whilst losing their best players.  They're a breath of fresh air in this stale old league.

We beat emm didn't we?

An are just behind them with a crap first half season. 

Just now, sidcow said:

No **** way. Villa to win every game. Always. 

Well of course.

But if we're definitely finishing 8th and a Brighton victory gives them a top 4 place instead of Man Utd/Liverpool/Newcastle then I'd be fine with losing.

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

god they're such an embarrassment of a title contender :crylaugh:

This is where squad depth plays a part. Pep has hungry players on the bench desperate to make an impact. Foden, Mahrez, Alvarez, Gundogan etc. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

We beat emm didn't we?

An are just behind them with a crap first half season. 

Yes - no idea what your point is.  Wolves beat us, should they be fighting for Europe too?

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

Nice support arsenal fans

They had that game a few weeks ago when they were 2-0 down, and their fans bailed like rats, then all came running back when they scored. Bunch of clearings in the woods. Absolute shocking support considering what their expectations could have been at the start of the season.

2 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

I have to say Well Done Brighton.

I have only seen the second half but they have played as well as anyone I have seen this year.

Nah. According to VT (in Match of The Day style) it's purely because Arsenal played badly, nothing to do with Brighton being good. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I woul;d prefer ramsdale or pope myself

pickford, ramsdale and pope being england's 3 best keepers really is a sorry state of affairs isn't it

none of them get anywhere near the number 1 spot for any of the other top national teams

good on ya brighton. let them have their moment in the sun. the agents of their 2 best players have already basically confirmed they wont be there next season and expect big offers to come in for estupinan and mitoma too

Â