Weekends Football 13/14 May

andykeenan

The best result for us here is an Arsenal comeback win, but I'm not convinced that the draw is the second best result - to some extent, if Brighton are going to continue to play like this we might be best off hoping they win, then beat Newcastle and Southampton and come to Villa Park with Europa guaranteed and nothing else to play for.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Brighton have been bloody brilliant all season and deserve Europe imo

You're not wrong, actually. It's just proper frustrating. 

• Like 1

Next season we will have emery manage us for the full season, a proper transfer window and without the 1/3 of the season handicap gerrard lumbered us with! We have been in contention for a good while now, im excited to see what emery can do for us given the extra games! UTV

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Sigh, We go on ridiculous runs and still can't catch a break from other games.

Pretty sure in previous seasons teams have limped to finishing 6th or 7th. Didn't West Ham finish 7th last season only winning 1 of their last six games?

This game has been too stop start for Arsenal to get any rhythm, Brighton got their tactics spot on.

We need to do the same at Arsenal and perhaps we can get at least a draw from that.

We had too much ground to make up to be fair and the fact we've finished top half is a feat in itself. Had the season started when Unai took over we'd comfortably be in Europe. 

Never before has a season start been so devastatingly wasted. Even half the Gerrard games back would change the whole landscape of the table. It's just unfortunate.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd just like to confirm for the record I do not care what Brighton deserve - I just want Villa in Europe.

Thank you haha, there's an awful lot of slightly hard to swallow "good for them" nonsense going on here. Who really gives a **** about Brighton?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd just like to confirm for the record I do not care what Brighton deserve - I just want Villa in Europe.

Then we have to win both of our remaining games and hope Spurs don't win theirs.

Â