Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I think it’s just hearsay, but it being a conflict of interests certainly makes sense so I doubt he’d be allowed to partake in discussions with his two brands

Where's the conflict of interest? 

What truly blows my mind in this kit fiasco is that sportswear made from moisture-wicking fabric is hardly a new concept.  The materials that are known to breathe (ie not get drenched) have been around since the 1970s.  I had an Umbro Villa away shirt in 1979 that was made from some type of polyester or nylon that was breathable fabric, almost a mesh.  Nike and others introduced the "dri-fit" materials in the 1990s.  

How on earth, in 2023 could this company have managed to screw this thing up so badly?  

And blaming the Chinese production facility is pretty lame, seeing as all the big sportswear companies have been producing over there for 30+ years. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

My thought too.  Isn’t his stake 6% or something? In company law terms, that’s not far short of powerless.

Even if he owned Adidas 100% , what's the issue? Look at what Mike Ashley did.

Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Like 1

This nonsense about us not being allowed to deal with Adidas because Sawris is a shareholder needs strangling at birth, it's complete rubbish.

He owns 3.3% (or thereabouts) of Adidas shares. If Villa had a shirt deal with them, it be would an absolute drop in the ocean of their global revenue. From a Villa persepctive regarding accounting regularity/FFP point of view, as long as any deal was done on proper market terms, then there's no problem whatsoever. And why wouldn't it be on normal commercial terms, nobody at Adidas with any control is going to be remotely interested in articially inflating Villa's revenue. 

Morons on Twitter keep repeating it because they have a vague sense that it makes them sound like they know what they're talking about. They don't, ignore them.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm just watching Sevilla (also Castore) and it looks like they an exact same problem. The shirts are white so it's less obvious, but God are they sweaty.

you are right, they are drowning in those castore kits

2 hours ago, Risso said:

This nonsense about us not being allowed to deal with Adidas because Sawris is a shareholder needs strangling at birth, it's complete rubbish.

He owns 3.3% (or thereabouts) of Adidas shares. If Villa had a shirt deal with them, it be would an absolute drop in the ocean of their global revenue. From a Villa persepctive regarding accounting regularity/FFP point of view, as long as any deal was done on proper market terms, then there's no problem whatsoever. And why wouldn't it be on normal commercial terms, nobody at Adidas with any control is going to be remotely interested in articially inflating Villa's revenue. 

Morons on Twitter keep repeating it because they have a vague sense that it makes them sound like they know what they're talking about. They don't, ignore them.

He increased his stake to 6%, becoming the largest shareholder.

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Their shade of claret for us was horrendous. First one was basically purple.

That shirt makes me think of Tommy Elphick, and him head butting the post a few times before kick off in front of the Holte… what a strange tiny little man he was! 😆 

(Although nothing against him at all, he was a proper professional)

Edited by alreadyexists

I know kits are produced well in advance and there are long term scheduling issues, but surely Castore could use an alternative fabric and produce new kits for the players only in a relatively short turnaround time?

There was a situation several years ago in Australian rules footy where my favourite club were approved to use a historic uniform design due to a colour clash and a relatively small manufacturer managed to get the guernseys produced and shipped from the factory in Fiji to Adelaide for the game within 6 days. 

Surely given the horrendous press this is giving them every time we play, they could do a special run of kits for the players kits only. Same cut, just a different fabric.