Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

Still not clear yet on the short term fix. Does the chosen kit have to be ‘declared’ to the premier league as the kit we will be using for the season? I’m not sure we can resort to using last seasons kits or the training gear to play matches. Starting to think there won’t be a solution for this season and we’ll just have to put up with it… ?

Edited by Tayls

A spokesperson told the publication: “There has been some media speculation about a potential issue in the football kit supplied by Castore to Aston Villa Football Club. We are working closely in collaboration with the club to address this issue as quickly as possible to meet the standards we expect. We would like to thank the club for their patience and support to date.

“As a proud new British brand, we always hold ourselves to the highest of standards and strive to do everything we can to constantly improve the performance of our products. This means addressing any customer concerns with promptness and humility.”

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/aston-villa-castore-shirts-449763-20230928

I would suspect, as with most things that appear in the press, that the issue was conveyed to Castore alot sooner than is being reported and the solution process is further down the line than we think. I would say the alarm bells were there in preseason. The women's team wearing training tops in preseason games a dead giveaway that this is an issue that's been raised to sooner than this week.

Edited by stewiek2

10 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

We're too expensive for them these days.

What does that mean? We charge them too much to be our supplier? They currently supply Everton right? We don't have many choices. Nike won't be interested probably,  not allowed addidas because of shit rules.  Leaves Puma, Umbro, Hummel, Under Armour, Hummel Unless I'm forgetting any? 

Loved the videos by the way. Genuinely fascinating!!

On 27/09/2023 at 13:52, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

There will be plenty of jokes I'm sure about this situation with the womens team - but if the women do wear this kit, it could be a massive PR disaster for the club,

Not for some of the fans in attendance though I would imagine.

Are there tickets still available for their next game?       Asking for a friend.  

19 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

We're too expensive for them these days.

It's a shame we're too expensive for the likes of Luke and Hummel nowadays as their gear wasn't too bad.

I wouldn't mind giving Puma a blast though since we've never had them before. Otherwise, I would have Kappa back. I loved their stuff.

Didn't @NurembergVillan say on one of the podcasts that this isn't really something the club can be faulted for, and that it's an issue entirely down to Castore and the factories?

Either way, don't really have much of a preference on the next manufacturer. In terms of pure design I actually really liked Nike but that **** up in 2010 which meant the shirts didn't released until November was unforgivable.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's a shame we're too expensive for the likes of Luke and Hummel nowadays as their gear wasn't too bad.

I wouldn't mind giving Puma a blast though since we've never had them before. Otherwise, I would have Kappa back. I loved their stuff.

Yeah i like Puma as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm a big fan of Under Armour myself!

High quality and great fits, last for years and years.

Like Adidas as well.

Do Under Armour Sponsor any PL clubs, or Football clubs at all?

May be an opportunity there.

I see you blocked out our first 2 Championship seasons from memory like the rest of us 

• Shocked 1

Just now, Mantis said:

Didn't @NurembergVillan say on one of the podcasts that this isn't really something the club can be faulted for, and that it's an issue entirely down to Castore and the factories?

The club's done absolutely nothing wrong. They signed a deal with Castore to supply kit, and Castore have supplied something that isn't performing correctly.

Depending on the exact details of the contract it could be considered a breach of the terms which would have conditions kick in to rectify any issues. However it's probably unlikely the contract is written to include the potential of the kit being a bit crap, so chances are it'll be resolved commercially - Castore take it on the chin and fix it at their cost, and we agree the deal ends at the end of the season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Either way, don't really have much of a preference on the next manufacturer. In terms of pure design I actually really liked Nike but that **** up in 2010 which meant the shirts didn't released until November was unforgivable.

It'd be fascinating to know what's been happening behind the scenes, because while I wouldn't question @NurembergVillan for a moment with his assertion that the club aren't going to be asking specific questions about the technicalities of the material, nor should they., and they couldn't have mitigated this problem in advance...This has been pretty obviously a problem since the preseason friendlies.

Now, maybe the club have been taking this very very seriously for weeks and the wheels have been in motion, and the press coverage has done absolutely nothing to expedite attempts to solve the problem. But looking at it with no knowledge about what conversations have been happening internally, it doesn't reflect very well on the club at all that its seemed necessary for players from both the men and women's team to leak that they're not happy

Having said that, perhaps the club have been doing all they can, Castore haven't budged, and so the club have had a hand in the leaks to the press.

Edited by Davkaus