Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

The pictures on avfc store make it look a lot worse than it does on the pictures with the players, it kind of just looks like our kit from a couple of season's back but with blue shoulders.

4 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

The blurb on the website talks of monitoring reaction to the new badge.  Are they having second thoughts behind the scenes?

Reads that way to me. I wonder if the whole badge project was a Purslow vanity project.

4 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

The blurb on the website talks of monitoring reaction to the new badge.  Are they having second thoughts behind the scenes?

Just read that. They are keeping the old Lerner badge on the stadium.

You either change or you don't.  I love our new badge and to me it looks like they have made a balls of the rebrand. By going half in half out. 

• Like 1

I work in sports clothing design (not football). That is really bad. Has no flow to it. Not easy with the roundel, castore's wings and the BK8 to make it cohesive, but could certainly do a lot better. 

The shoulder/sleeve junction is a design abomination. 2/10

Keeper kit is far better, but if the Villa crest and other logos are going green, so should the sleeve logo. 6/10

Now this is interesting. It sounds like the new badge isn't staying to me!! Makes no sense to have 2 brand identities. 

The club will continue to use the existing shield design around Villa Park and on our digital channels, as well as in other areas.

Aston Villa will monitor local, national and global reaction along with feedback to the use of both the crest and kit moniker as the 2023/24 campaign progresses.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

The pictures on avfc store make it look a lot worse than it does on the pictures with the players, it kind of just looks like our kit from a couple of season's back but with blue shoulders.

Roger that 🫡

0_1280.jpg

Edit: This one had blue shoulders too, so looks even more like it.

Edited by useless