Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

28 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don't think he'll have a huge impact this window. I'm sure a lot of our transfer business has been planned for months now and hopefully we make early signings too

This deal could’ve been worked on for ages, we don’t know what conversations he’s already had about transfers.  The July date is only the official start date.  He might have more impact than we think because his network, portfolio and knowledge doesn’t start on day one of his new job does it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have no idea if this is good or not.

The suspense is killing me.

I think we can be confident in the overwhelmingly positive feedback he seems to have from all quarters. There’s no guarantees with any recruit, but this looks to be an excellent acquisition. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Hopefully between him and Emery we have some inside knowledge of some juicy release clauses in La Liga as well.

Pretty sure players' agents will tell you this, or at the very least a ballpark figure.  

23 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I think we can be confident in the overwhelmingly positive feedback he seems to have from all quarters. There’s no guarantees with any recruit, but this looks to be an excellent acquisition. 

Correct. Very exciting.

Emery endorsement is monstrous for me. He's so switched on. I'd be stunned if his judgement wasn't bang on with a guy like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

Deco is the agent of Florian Wirtz so on the Barca forums they are convinced they are getting Wirtz if Deco joins. Not sure if they have the £100m-£150m it would take to buy him but that's a minor detail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Deco is the agent of Florian Wirtz so on the Barca forums they are convinced they are getting Wirtz if Deco joins. Not sure if they have the £100m-£150m it would take to buy him but that's a minor detail.

What the hell are Barca playing at?! Getting a current agent in as director of football. They are a basket case.

• Like 1

Maybe its a result of the winter transfer window. With no evidence but reading in some circles that Emery was after big big players but we never managed to get them over the line.  So we go out and get a heavyweight to enable us to get things over the line. 

• Like 1

Seems a lot of Barca fans actually loved him. I always thought their transfer strategy was horrific from the outside looking in and seemed a bit scatterbrained, but they are winning the league... 

I'll take the Barca fans opinion ofc and am pretty optimistic now - but overall I trust Don Unai and our owners! 

15 minutes ago, YLN said:

Man with job I don't understand gets hired for a role i didn't know existed.

Here's what I think about it...

Not sure what's difficult to understand about the Director of Football job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beastmix said:

To be fair, tidying up the mess at Barcelona was like tidying up the radioactive rubble at Chernobyl, requiring extremely calculated movements and they trusted him with that... and he did what they asked him to do.

He was brilliant at Valencia, a club tied up in a massive financial and bureaucratic nightmare (despite having a rich owner).They'd have been in the situation they're currently in - fighting relegation - a few years ago if it wasn't for him steadying the ship for a while.

He had nothing to do with either of these club's issues.

Real Madrid wanted him.

He was exceptional at Mallorca, delivering many players who would go on to become huge stars elsewhere, making the club a lot of money in the process. The club's charman stepped aside because he believed Alemany would do a better job and to prevent him from leaving for Madrid. He believed in him that much.

The man's record speaks for itself. Nothing but success and remedying complicated scenarios. I'm not calling him the 2nd coming, but I'm not completely sure why anybody would be questioning this appointment.

Great Post & you question people questioning this appointment 🤣 you do know this is Villatalk 🤣

• Haha 1

Â