The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Rice can take Phillips role as Jacks drinkholder from the bench

Wasnt that long ago that Twatter was full of Villa, Leeds and West Ham fans all joining together bullishly to stand up to the media and top 6 fans over selling their stars. Looks like oil won out again 🙂

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Declan Rice hijack 👀 

Or West Ham trying to get Arsenal to up their offer. If I was Arsenal I wouldn't offer much more. West Ham have to let him go this summer and I don't think there will be a big clamour of clubs looking to pay over £80m for him. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

😁 they wouldn't get Maddison alone for that.

tbf i can see Maddison going for 40m, as he only has a year left on his contract, but Barnes is prob worth at least 25-30m+? (40m if you believe some stories), so a fair double deal might be 70m ish??

classic Spurs, Levy is such a tool.

• Like 1

If rumours are to be believed £120m for Rice and  then they will have to drop another £80m for Caicedo 

How do Arsenal have £200m for 2 players ? 

40 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If rumours are to be believed £120m for Rice and  then they will have to drop another £80m for Caicedo 

I can see a lot of teams holding out for stupid money this window and a lot of disgruntled players running down contracts.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Don’t forget £70m for Havertz.

Are they going for Caicedo if they get Rice? I’d have thought it was one or the other?

36 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I can see a lot of teams holding out for stupid money this window and a lot of disgruntled players running down contracts.

Gonna be the norm. If a scum 6 club wants your star player, double the price. They’ll start running contracts down or sign contracts with release clauses

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Caicedo looks to be going to Chelsea 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Rice is out of pocket by nearly £10m after he turned down a £200k per week contract offer from West Ham 18 months ago. His agent must be telling him he’s going to recoup that and more when he moves.

He must be heading to the £300k per week club. 

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Here’s an example of the ridiculous fees for some players. Can someone explain to me, how this player is worth €100m?

He's not.

All these players with high ceilings are now being sold at the price as though they made it.

The error clubs are making (because they are stupid, still a LOT of stupid people in professional football) is giving in to agents and paying huge wages. The players are simply stuck there.

Maguire at Utd. £80m. Absolutely garbage. He's also on £250k a week! Who can afford that?! The giant clubs and that's it. Or the sportswashers.

Clubs are going to have to pay people to take these flops away.

It'll bring about change eventually. Probably in the form of some sort of super league.

• Like 1