The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

20 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I remember being bamboozled when Real Madrid signed Brazilian Ronaldo for £25m, me and my mates at school were arguing how no player is ever worth £25m…

Oh foolish 15yr old me. 

That wasn't close to a world record though.

I'm not worried about hammers having all that cash, they never seem to spend money that well. Their best signings tend to be those done on the cheap like Vaz Te, Payey, Arnautovic. When they spend money they often get a poor return like haller (a good player), scamacca etc. I expect they will want to spend a large chunk on someone like Palhinha or Phillips. Lukakau turns down 50 mil a year suadi deal, mourinho turns down 29.5 mil saudi deal, vardy rejects saudi deal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I'm not worried about hammers having all that cash, they never seem to spend money that well. Their best signings tend to be those done on the cheap like Vaz Te, Payey, Arnautovic. When they spend money they often get a poor return like haller (a good player), scamacca etc. I expect they will want to spend a large chunk on someone like Palhinha or Phillips

they've spent hefty chunks of cash before, i would lazily guess 5 players that cost more than our record transfer and 2 or 3 of them were shipped out before their contract expired, haller was 1 season i think felipe anderson was 3, £35m on nayef aguerd....genuinely not a clue who that is

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Winks to Leicester £10m Levy has done to Leicester what he wanted to do to us with the Grealish -Onahma scenario.

Obviously playing tunes here with the Madison transfer. It could have been written as £30m plus Winks for Maddison but these things don’t tend to happen anymore as players get slices of the transfer fee.

6 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Utd have finally agreed a £60mil fee for mount 

To be fair it’s only £60m more than we payed for Tielemans. 

🤣

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Utd have finally agreed a £60mil fee for mount 

Some terrible business getting done this window.

£105m for Rice

£60m for Mount

£70m for Havertz

• Like 1

60 mill for Mason Mount is hella alot more crazier than Rice for 105mill in my opinion. 

Also I have no idea where he fits at United in a 4-2-3-1.They surely needed a defensive partner for Casimero and Mount offers nothing there other than headless chicken running. 

Edited by KAZZAM

Rice is finally joining Arsenal, he was always gonna stay in London though. Man City just made them have to pay more though haha. Signing Kamara and Tielemans on a free along with us having Ramsey come through the academy and McGinn for the princely sum of 2.5 mil really shows the great value of our midfield. If arsenal had Kamara you would not hear the end of their crowing. Interestingly we have Declan Rice's cousin on our books, young Finley Monroe, who by all accounts is quite highly rated and is close to Dec.

If United finish without a proper striker, but with £60m Mount sat in the bench it will be hilarious.

I saw some comments from United fans on facebook, less than impressed it’s fair to say.

SAF would have had him playing like prime Zidane. ETH won’t. 

22 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Arsenal only getting Rice and Havertz for 170m. That's not a good return.  Neither are better than our equivalents in that position I wouldn't say.

I'd be pretty devastated if we spent that much and only got two players like that in exchange. 

Who is our equivalent to Havertz?

For me I think he’s the sort of player our squad lacks. I think he’ll do well at Arsenal in a number 10 role, but Chelsea kept playing him as a striker.

16 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Who is our equivalent to Havertz?

For me I think he’s the sort of player our squad lacks. I think he’ll do well at Arsenal in a number 10 role, but Chelsea kept playing him as a striker.

Germany do a fair bit too, he's not a striker but he can do it, in theory if Jesus drifts wide he will slot in (kw) 

for me it means that arsenal don't have a proper out and out goal hanging striker but they should be able to come up with a system that means its not like the guy in the number 9 position is constantly missing, bit like what id like villa to have where if jesus "only" gets 15 goals they still have havertz, martinelli, odegaard all in double figures too so it doesnt matter as much