"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

8 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Beaten to it above, no point with a double image so edited out.

Looks awful.

Agree, bloody terrible. I’m not even sure how they could correct it. Surely they’re not just going to leave it like that, it looks ridiculous. Ihe Holte End.

I had to call the Ticket Office today, (always a joy), to purchase to a Claret Club Membership ticket as my son can make it to the Everton game now. I asked about the Terrace View and how long tickets will be locked out for Claret Club Members. Apparently, and I quote verbatim, "Everton is the only game where tickets will be locked away in the Holte End Upper for Claret Members when their buying window opens". I have no idea how that works if they're going to be selling Terrace View tickets on a game by game basis, but it's what was said. The member of staff also said they cannot wait for all this to be clear for supports, I get a feeling they've taken a significant amount of criticism from fans.

4 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

is this also where the new wheelchair section is?

Yes looking at some of the comments it might be a disabled section. I’m all for making VP more accessible but did they have to butcher the lettering?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yes looking at some of the comments it might be a disabled section. I’m all for making VP more accessible but did they have to butcher the lettering?

Pretty sure it is the new accessible seating section.

But i question the logic...putting it on a platform behind a row of fans that will stand up anytime something exciting is happening(if not most of the game)... Will those in wheelchairs not just miss all the key moments?

Before you even begin on how out of place and inconsistent it looks and the Lettering thats been butchered,  with no obvious way of making it look better given the now different sizes of each seating section.

Poor Holte End :(

wow that looks TERRIBLE! From my seat in the upper north i always look on at The Holte as a thing of beauty, especially when its in full voice, its a much better view than those in the holte see when looking at the north at least! its an eyesore!

24 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd be amazed if that is the finished look. At the very least they will put the complete T back and then move the H and E down a few rows to re align them, it is only a case of swapping a few blue and claret seats. 

Hopefully. Like I said, the accessibility definitely needs improving. There isn’t anywhere near enough disabled seating but the best design minds could surely come up with something better than that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd be amazed if that is the finished look. At the very least they will put the complete T back and then move the H and E down a few rows to re align them, it is only a case of swapping a few blue and claret seats. 

Exactly, that's clearly not going to be the finished look of it. Probably why we haven't had a friendly at Villa Park

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This Mark, but then you know as well as I do that some of our fanbase love wetting the bed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I suspect the seats will be replaced before long- are they still the original ones from 94? Might put more claret in given that is the actual dominant villa colour, but not in seats.

Another thought, why is it called the Hole Terrace? It has been the Holte Stand for nearly 30 years!

On 03/08/2023 at 16:39, DewiMckay said:

@villanbee

After a brief hiatus I decided to apply for season tickets, still attend home games, buying tickets for the Trinity Road End, wherever possible, due to its facilities.

When the opportunity arose to purchase Holten End Terrace Season Tickets, I reviewed my finances I made an informed decision to purchase.

Rationale  

·         Villa Supporter.

·         Total belief in Unai Emery and the project.

·         No drama in buying home game tickets.

·         Within my means and affordable way to join hospitality.

·         Toilet /Bar waiting times.

·         Direct contact with an account manager.

·         Networking.

Bonus

·         New facilities.

·         Away game fixtures hopefully.

·         Extended opening closing times.

·         2x Free drinks.

·         Programme

·         Lanyard.

I'm in exactly this position. See you on the 20th!!

On 03/08/2023 at 16:39, DewiMckay said:

@villanbee

After a brief hiatus I decided to apply for season tickets, still attend home games, buying tickets for the Trinity Road End, wherever possible, due to its facilities.

When the opportunity arose to purchase Holten End Terrace Season Tickets, I reviewed my finances I made an informed decision to purchase.

Rationale  

·         Villa Supporter.

·         Total belief in Unai Emery and the project.

·         No drama in buying home game tickets.

·         Within my means and affordable way to join hospitality.

·         Toilet /Bar waiting times.

·         Direct contact with an account manager.

·         Networking.

Bonus

·         New facilities.

·         Away game fixtures hopefully.

·         Extended opening closing times.

·         2x Free drinks.

·         Programme

·         Lanyard.

In this context, the context of watching a football match, what do you mean by "networking"?

I've been one of the most consistent complainers about the terrace view on here, but even I'd check that what I was criticising happened to be in the right **** tier before putting the boot in :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've been one of the most consistent complainers about the terrace view on here, but even I'd check that what I was criticising happened to be in the right **** tier before putting the boot in :D 

?

Â