"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I just read elsewhere that buying this TV package is about £300 more than getting the terrace view bolt on and already having bought a HE season ticket, is that right? I'd verify myself but it's so hard to find the prices in one place on the OS, it's almost like they don't want to make it easy to compare the relative costs. 

If that's accurate they're being pretty **** shameless with it being "Pay a few hundred quid explicitly to skip the queue".

It's not skipping a queue though. 

It's paying for a corporate option instead of waiting for a season ticket. Something i could already do in every other stand at VP in any previous year - just buy a corporate ticket instead of being stuck in a waiting list. 

This option is actually worse though, previously i could pay for a corporate ticket in say the Trinity whilst still being in the season ticket waiting list.  Now i get kicked off the waiting list if i go corporate with the Terrace View. How is that fair? That's the main reason i opted not to take up the Terrace View because it kills my future chance of a season ticket.

14 minutes ago, omariqy said:

How much is corporate usually? 

Depends on the package. Very roughly a corporate box on a match by match basis would be around £200 a person but would include food. 

Whereas the Terrace View is probably going to be £120 per match if buying on a match by match basis, doesn't include food but does include 2 free drinks. It's like the gateway option for those who would like to go corporate but can't quite afford it - ie: special occasions rather than a company taking a box for the season.

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

It's not skipping a queue though. 

It's paying for a corporate option instead of waiting for a season ticket. Something i could already do in every other stand at VP in any previous year - just buy a corporate ticket instead of being stuck in a waiting list. 

This option is actually worse though, previously i could pay for a corporate ticket in say the Trinity whilst still being in the season ticket waiting list.  Now i get kicked off the waiting list if i go corporate with the Terrace View. How is that fair? That's the main reason i opted not to take up the Terrace View because it kills my future chance of a season ticket.

Why are they charging more for people who aren't already season ticket holders then? Same seat category, same access. Seems like a payment to skip the queue to me. Assuming they are of course, I gave up trying to verify it on the OS :)

Has anyone seen anything yet offering places here for just the Everton game rather than the full season?

If they're holding the Upper Holte back from Members to accommodate TV users, then you'd imagine they should be selling the individual game packages at this point?

43 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Has anyone seen anything yet offering places here for just the Everton game rather than the full season?

If they're holding the Upper Holte back from Members to accommodate TV users, then you'd imagine they should be selling the individual game packages at this point?

I'm hoping at some point I'll be able to change the tickets I had to buy in the North Stand with my CCM for tickets in the Upper Holte.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

t's a ridiculous mess based on someone persuading the Villa world that every fan in the Upper Holte would jump at spending an extra £400 a season for a lounge - possibly the type of someone that doesn't really understand the traditional Upper Holte End fan and isn't here any more.

Nakamba?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a ridiculous mess based on someone persuading the Villa world that every fan in the Upper Holte would jump at spending an extra £400 a season for a lounge - possibly the type of someone that doesn't really understand the traditional Upper Holte End fan and isn't here any more.

Is it ridiculous? Picking through people on here and other fan boards, I'd say the club are on target to sell the seats. I'm not saying I like it, but I'll be surprised if the seats go unsold. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Is it ridiculous? Picking through people on here and other fan boards, I'd say the club are on target to sell the seats. I'm not saying I like it, but I'll be surprised if the seats go unsold. 

I've seen two people on here say they've bought it. One through the perfect storm of everything in life falling into place at the same time and the other, I'm not sure.

Are there many more on other forums?

47 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Agree completely. The club will easily be able to shift any excess as match day tickets and charge an even bigger premium for the pleasure. Worst case they just direct the overseas Lions tickets there and they’ll get snapped up. 

Lots of people on this thread basically want the Terrace View to fail. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So what we might find is that once the club has tried everything they can to flog the season ticket option, we'll see single game options or competition winners filling the rest of the spots and then a very late sale of the remaining non-TV tickets in the Upper Holte direct to general sale - which will mean jumping the members.

This is dreadfull if true, not giving the Claret members an opportunity to buy a ticket for the Upper Holte and bypassing them completely ....what is the point of being a member then if any remaining tickets go direct to general sale?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Agree completely. The club will easily be able to shift any excess as match day tickets and charge an even bigger premium for the pleasure. Worst case they just direct the overseas Lions tickets there and they’ll get snapped up. 

Lots of people on this thread basically want the Terrace View to fail. 

I hope the Terrace View does fail, or rather than fail just doesn't get the traction that the club hoped for.

I completely understand why people are taking the option, and I'm pleased that people such as @GeordieVillan get the opportunity to watch the club for a season. It's something that I take for granted each season as a long term season ticket holder.

However the more takers to a scheme like the Terrace View, the more the club will expand it and roll out similar schemes around the ground. The club are tailoring to a new market now and a lot of our supporters will eventually be left behind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Is it ridiculous? Picking through people on here and other fan boards, I'd say the club are on target to sell the seats.

I think the club wanted to sell 500 to existing season ticket holders - that would have meant not having to find additional seats in the Upper Holte for those ticket holders because they already had season tickets - I'd heard they'd sold less than 100 that way.

Yes, they'll find a way to sell those spaces in the Terrace View, finding a way to fill it will happen - the problem is the effect that finding those additional seats in the Upper Holte causes.

Ultimately more than 1 in 6 of the people in the Upper Holte on matchday will come from the Terrace View - if regular season ticket holders didn't want that opportunity, it puts a lot of pressure on finding seating for those people.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a ridiculous mess based on someone persuading the Villa world that every fan in the Upper Holte would jump at spending an extra £400 a season for a lounge - possibly the type of someone that doesn't really understand the traditional Upper Holte End fan and isn't here any more.

i really would love to see the survey questions again. i've had a look around and they're not posted anywhere. in my head i didn't envisage anything like what's been rolled out but one or 2 on here has indicated that they understood what villa were getting at

anyway it definitely needs bringing up on the next FCG meeting. however i suspect it will end up selling out as certain details start to spread, namely having access to away tickets...and frankly if i had no away booking history i'd be considering it for that alone. so villa will end up justified in their decision.

• Like 1

Â