Weekends Football 21/23 April

andykeenan

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

City might even sell out their ticket allocation this time.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I was looking for this comment not existing and being the clever one

Just now, villa89 said:

Has De Gea ever saved a penalty? Genuine question.

He saved one from Marc Noble last season. Was his first penalty save in 40 odd attempts. Failed to save 11 Villareal pens in the 2021 europa final and also any Russian ones in 2018 World cup.

I always find that bizarre as he's a very good reaction saver from close range. Even today he had a couple of fantastic reflex saves but he can't read a run from 12 yards and dive the right way.

Very odd.

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Has De Gea ever saved a penalty? Genuine question.

He has saved 7 for United in play ever. Just 2 since 2016

He has saved one from Mr Personality that used to manage us

1 hour ago, robby b said:

I'm off to a Bolivian 1st Division match tonight under the floodlights in Tarija, the city where I've been staying. It's Real Tomayapo v Vaca Diez. And Real are 12th out of 17 teams after 8 matches.

Only £2.50 for a standard ticket! (Several locals have told me the league's quality isn't great. Perhaps it will be lots of hit and run, long ball style). The stadium looks quite big from the outside. 15,000 capacity.

SHIT

ON

THE DIEZ

SHIT ON THE DIEZ TONIGHT

OOH AHH AHH

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, robby b said:

I'm off to a Bolivian 1st Division match tonight under the floodlights in Tarija, the city where I've been staying. It's Real Tomayapo v Vaca Diez. And Real are 12th out of 17 teams after 8 matches.

Only £2.50 for a standard ticket! (Several locals have told me the league's quality isn't great. Perhaps it will be lots of hit and run, long ball style). The stadium looks quite big from the outside. 15,000 capacity.

My rusty Spanish translates this football teams' name to "Cow 10".

What a name!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What a name!

😅  Yes, great name! That's exactly it, Cow Ten.

🤔 My guess is that they had a very makeshift team in their first few seasons and their attacking central midfielder was a cow. 

🐄 🔟

Anyway, they're the away team so I hope they lose despite their great name. Come on you FC Tomayapo !

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

What a name!

Bolivia also has teams called The Strongest and my personal favourite Always Ready 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Bolivia also has teams called The Strongest and my personal favourite Always Ready 

Yes! How did you know that?!

They're both in La Paz. I think The Strongest might be one of the best teams, they're currently second. 

Â