Weekends Football 21/23 April

andykeenan

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Extra time is the main thing considering both will be back out in midweek so don't think walking to a penalty spot after five minutes of lying on a turf will impact too much.

Brighton will be playing every single midweek in May against mostly high quality opposition. Looking at their bench and it's as weak as ours currently so not like they can rotate too much so I have a feeling they'll be dropping points in more games than people are assuming. 

Our game v them could be the biggest at Villa Park in quite a long time.

8 minutes ago, YLN said:

Brighton getting to the final means that they are guaranteed Europe. Might make them take the foot off the gas. 

That's my understanding anyways. No difference really between finishing 7th and 6th for them if they get to the final.

It doesn't work that way any more. Only the winners get a European place, otherwise it goes to the league. We want City to win the Cup to add an extra european place to the league

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It doesn't work that way any more. Only the winners get a European place, otherwise it goes to the league. We want City to win the Cup to add an extra european place to the league

I thought they'd changed that rule too, wasn't sure though 

12 minutes ago, YLN said:

Brighton getting to the final means that they are guaranteed Europe. Might make them take the foot off the gas. 

That's my understanding anyways. No difference really between finishing 7th and 6th for them if they get to the final.

no they removed that rule if you lose the final you get into Europe 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

no they removed that rule if you lose the final you get into Europe 

I thought that might be the case, but then i also sometimes like to pretend it's still the year 2000.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Only 15 years ago or so 

I knew that was the case with the League Cup, but thought it might still be the case in the FA Cup.

Just shows how long it's been since Villa had to think about the possibility of finishing 7th.

Â