Easter Weekends Football 7/9 April

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think there's a rule which says any contact on the "hand" (arm, whatever counts as handball) which directly leads to a goal is always handball.

The only one which is awful for me is the Dunk one.  It's an absolute stonewall penalty.  He had both hands pulling his shirt!

It wasn’t clear at all that it hit Mac alister’s hand at all. And for the Mitoma one, it hits his sleeve which is ok for the offside rule. 

Mitoma pen shout it’s blatant, steps on his foot and stops him from running, Southampton disallowed goal against us was for the same reason. 

we shouldn’t have a video ref that can get so many decisions wrong with slow motion replay. It’s a really worrying precedent. 

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It wasn’t clear at all that it hit Mac alister’s hand at all. And for the Mitoma one, it hits his sleeve which is ok for the offside rule. 

Mitoma pen shout it’s blatant, steps on his foot and stops him from running, Southampton disallowed goal against us was for the same reason. 

we shouldn’t have a video ref that can get so many decisions wrong with slow motion replay. It’s a really worrying precedent. 

I don't think you can be 100% on that and the linesman gave the handball.  It's incredibly close.

On the Mitoma pen shout, his foot gets stepped on and he goes down clutching his shin(?!).  I think he's just felt contact and gone down.  If the ref gave the pen initially, it doesn't get overturned.  But he didn't and it doesn't get overturned.  I think that's fine.

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't think you can be 100% on that and the linesman gave the handball.  It's incredibly close.

On the Mitoma pen shout, his foot gets stepped on and he goes down clutching his shin(?!).  I think he's just felt contact and gone down.  If the ref gave the pen initially, it doesn't get overturned.  But he didn't and it doesn't get overturned.  I think that's fine.

I don’t know man.

You’re pretty on your own here based on what I’ve read on twitter and the MOTD analysis - I think an apology is coming Brighton’s way tomorrow. And I say that probably wanting spurs to win as it helps us a lot. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don’t know man.

You’re pretty on your own here based on what I’ve read on twitter and the MOTD analysis - I think an apology is coming Brighton’s way tomorrow. And I say that probably wanting spurs to win as it helps us a lot. 

I think Mitoma doesn't handball it (based on whatever the rule is this season) and I think Mitoma is possibly fouled - I'd be screaming for it if it was Villa - but I think both are almost entirely 50/50 so whatever was originally given, standing, is OK with me.

The Dunk one, I just don't see how it's not a penalty.  Lenglet has 2 hands pulling his shirt - it's just so blatant.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think Mitoma doesn't handball it (based on whatever the rule is this season) and I think Mitoma is possibly fouled - I'd be screaming for it if it was Villa - but I think both are almost entirely 50/50 so whatever was originally given, standing, is OK with me.

The Dunk one, I just don't see how it's not a penalty.  Lenglet has 2 hands pulling his shirt - it's just so blatant.

And Mac Allister?

Did a Spurs scout take pictures of the ref cheating on his missus last week or something? Absolutely shocking. 

Absolute best case scenario that was incompetent. 

Brighton will quite rightly be fuming, and it raises some very uncomfortable questions about possible corruption. It needs to be thoroughly investigated. But it won't be.

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think there's a rule which says any contact on the "hand" (arm, whatever counts as handball) which directly leads to a goal is always handball.

There was but it's another rule that got tweaked, before they went back through a whole passage of play trying to find a hand ball (unless you were Liverpool playing man City...) whereas now I think it's just the goalscorer

I actually think the rule was written to stop accidental hand balls scoring the goal and that it's another rule change that's because of villa - its to stop goals like Jay Rodriguez scored against us for baggies

I've seen it now... I think by the letter of the law the 2nd goal being chalked off is right, it's something like any contact and directly leading to a goal and his hand is the last thing the ball touches before going in so it's the right decision

The first goal is his shoulder though and again have they changed the rule from the year where man City had the longer sleeves? Because they used to use the sleeve as the measure

Kane also 100% gets the penalty that mitoma didn't, 100% without doubt in my mind

Not seen the dunk shirt pull, sky highlights don't even show it

Spurs manager standing there doing absolutely nothing before being sent off hilariously sums it up

Good for the product though...

• Like 1

On 07/04/2023 at 21:07, S-Platt said:

From the outside looking in he has totally changed their football philosophy after dycheball.

So I would say he has done an amazing job.

I wouldnt be surprised if he keeps playing that way and they get smashed weekly in the top division and he is sacked by Christmas

Just now, Zatman said:

I wouldnt be surprised if he keeps playing that way and they get smashed weekly in the top division and he is sacked by Christmas

Yep not saying it will work with their players seems the type of Manager Palace will look at when Roy leaves.

26 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Yep not saying it will work with their players seems the type of Manager Palace will look at when Roy leaves.

Kompany has bigger ambitions than managing Palace.

Why is everyone raving about Haalands 2nd goal? On MOTD, on 606.... It was a good goal but was just an overhead kick. Not a particularly spectacular one at that, as far as overhead kicks go.

Yes it was a good goal as is any scored that way, but the fawning over ot is a bit OTT and wasn't close to being as good as SJMs at Chelsea or Berties winner at Leicester.

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Why is everyone raving about Haalands 2nd goal? On MOTD, on 606.... It was a good goal but was just an overhead kick. Not a particularly spectacular one at that, as far as overhead kicks go.

Yes it was a good goal as is any scored that way, but the fawning over ot is a bit OTT and wasn't close to being as good as SJMs at Chelsea or Berties winner at Leicester.

Reminds me a little of Rooney’s overhead kick that went in off of his shin. You’d think how Sky talked about it, it was the greatest goal over. 

12 hours ago, bobzy said:

Funnily enough I agree on Mitoma one. Probably a penalty but I'm sick of players getting a slight touch and flying through the air making it look dramatic. If Fernandes had done that endless people would be slagging him off on here whether Man. United got a penalty or not.

The shirt tug on Dunk near the end was much clearer especially as the ball was going towards him. Was also a Lenglet handball in first half that MOTD didn't have time to look at because there were so many Brighton injustices to look at.

• Like 1

Â