Easter Weekends Football 7/9 April

andykeenan

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I think Spurs could lose all their remaining away games. Playing us, Newcastle, Liverpool and Leeds.

Leaves them with only 5 home games so they're struggling to get much over 60 points imo when you see the general state of them.

We need 60 points minimum to have a chance of 6th imo.

Yes but we have been there before with predicting results. 

4 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What's the deal with James Tavernier at Rangers? A nothing career in England, then joins Rangers and becomes a goal scoring machine from right back.

83 penalties out of his 100 goals. Seems that way anyway. To be fair, he has an incredible amount of assists too. 

28 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What's the deal with James Tavernier at Rangers? A nothing career in England, then joins Rangers and becomes a goal scoring machine from right back.

Well, he's not the first to flop in England and look like a world beater in the two horse league. It's an absolute joke of a division, and most weeks he plays teams that'd probably be third tier in England.

Remember Scott Sinclair going from 2 PL goals in a season for us to 20+ Scottish Premiership goals the next season?

Edited by Davkaus

29 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Absolute Mickey Mouse football up there

21 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Another missed pen Vs Saudi FC, the luck is crazy

Sounds like the second one given (and scored) had barely any contact.

I haven't seen it, mind.

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sounds like the second one given (and scored) had barely any contact.

I haven't seen it, mind.

Took literally 4 and a half minutes from the foul to the penalty being taken such was the degree of looking for the foul under a microscope. Farce.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Took literally 4 and a half minutes from the foul to the penalty being taken such was the degree of looking for the foul under a microscope. Farce.

Sounds like some crazy luck for sure.

Shades of Tactics Tim there from Dyche with that defensiv line. What was he thinking and why didnt he change it when United exploited it time and time again 

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Wow. Brighton really REALLY got robbed. Scandalous.

How do VAR not give at least 2 penalties there? 

The Mitoma one is just as bad. You can be offside based on the t shirt line but it can also be handball 🤯

And both pen shouts were absolutely stonewall as well. 4 incorrect decisions even with a video ref is either corruption or gross sackable incompetence. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Welbeck/Alexis "goal" was the biggest robbery, that's not a clear handball at all.

I think there's a rule which says any contact on the "hand" (arm, whatever counts as handball) which directly leads to a goal is always handball.

The only one which is awful for me is the Dunk one.  It's an absolute stonewall penalty.  He had both hands pulling his shirt!

Just now, bobzy said:

I think there's a rule which says any contact on the "hand" (arm, whatever counts as handball) which directly leads to a goal is always handball.

The only one which is awful for me is the Dunk one.  It's an absolute stonewall penalty.  He had both hands pulling his shirt!

Looked like hip to me, I don't think from those angles provided it's as clear viewed as the Mitoma one (which is more subjective as to where the arm starts).

Yeah Dunk one should've been a pen, that was right at the end. Don't understand how that ref isn't instructed to go to the monitor to judge for himself yet the Brentford one was for the second Toney penalty.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

You answered your own question 

Â