Easter Weekends Football 7/9 April

andykeenan

38 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It’s in our hands to catch Spurs if they lose today and we win. Can’t say the same about Brighton, although their games in hand are against the top 2.

A draw is best at this stage as 1 fewer point is distributed, but it doesn’t really matter. We’ll be closer to at least one of them by the end of the day if we do our own job.

I would expect Brighton to best Spurs the way the two teams are playing at the minute. We just need to do our job and win.

• Like 1

This is like watching a Championship game (from what I remember). All action, terrible positioning and loads of mistakes and poor finishing. 

Props to the groundskeeper who have watered the pitch so much that the players are slipping and falling all the time. Great bantz

Surely we want a Brighton win today, Spurs are stuttering a bit, great tIme take advantage.

Cannot believe but absolutely thrilled we are even having this conversation 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

Rashford just pulled up....we go to Old Trafford in 22 days. 

They play Spurs away on the Thursday before aswell so I don't think they'll be playing their strongest team v us especially if they're well clear of 5th and still in the cup competitions. 

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Surely we want a Brighton win today, Spurs are stuttering a bit, great tIme take advantage.

Cannot believe but absolutely thrilled we are even having this conversation 

It's a tough one but I agree with you. Even if Spurs are poor a win for them and they get up to 53 points so will still have a decent lead over us. Brighton win and they're only on 49 points with loads of tough games home and away in May.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's a tough one but I agree with you. Even if Spurs are poor a win for them and they get up to 53 points so will still have a decent lead over us. Brighton win and they're only on 49 points with loads of tough games home and away in May.

Personally I think its unlikely we will catch them both so for me a Spurs win would be better and we can chase down 6th spot and the Europa league

Just now, PaulC said:

Personally I think its unlikely we will catch them both so for me a Spurs win would be better and we can chase down 6th spot and the Europa league

I think Spurs could lose all their remaining away games. Playing us, Newcastle, Liverpool and Leeds.

Leaves them with only 5 home games so they're struggling to get much over 60 points imo when you see the general state of them.

We need 60 points minimum to have a chance of 6th imo.

Â