EA Sports FC

hogso

30 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I normally do but I was waiting a little before I did it this year as it usually takes them a little while to refine them. Time may be now.

I've been using them for a while now. I found the game as it shipped unbearable. Same as you I had regular 10 goal plus games. If it wasn't for the sliders I would have binned the whole thing off already.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2023 at 19:22, Straggler said:

I've been using them for a while now. I found the game as it shipped unbearable. Same as you I had regular 10 goal plus games. If it wasn't for the sliders I would have binned the whole thing off already.

Finally had a few minutes to tinker last night and used their latest set. It's way better. Solved the defending problem completely. It takes away some of the attacking flow (I think it might be the pass speed), but overall much much better. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/10/2023 at 13:33, HongKongVillan said:

I can't believe in this day and age this is the only playable football game  out there and still not better than the old PES days in the naughties. Shame Konami has given up too. Was googling to see if there is any alternatives but there is nothing out there. 

Bring back Red Card i say! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally had some time with this. It’s awful isn’t it? Defending is a sham. Your uncontrolled defenders just stand there and don’t track anybody. Jockeying is completely broken. What did they do :(

• Like 2

I actually kinda like this game. For the first time in a long time I find the gameplay quite enjoyable since one of the latest patches where they made a ton of changes. 

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I actually kinda like this game. For the first time in a long time I find the gameplay quite enjoyable since one of the latest patches where they made a ton of changes. 

On single player career mode or are you not one of us? 

12 hours ago, YLN said:

On single player career mode or are you not one of us? 

Nah I only play 2v2 co-op. Not tried the other modes. I'm sure they probably suck and have been untouched for 15 years. 

Does anybody find incoming transfer bids random? Into my 4th season, and every year I'll get loads of offers for one player that is well below market value. This season it's Kamara. His value is around £80-90mil, but Real Madrid and Liverpool keep making offers of £38 mil. Happened the season before with Dougie too. I've checked the transfer status page and the value is not specified, like most players. 4 years on his contract too. However most players that are first team I'll sell for more than they're worth. Arsenal took McGinn for £64 mil, and I signed Tierney in the 2nd season, end of the season Al-Hilal took him for £90mil.

Just seems too random.

Edited by Jonesy7211

On 21/01/2024 at 19:48, Jonesy7211 said:

Does anybody find incoming transfer bids random? Into my 4th season, and every year I'll get loads of offers for one player that is well below market value. This season it's Kamara. His value is around £80-90mil, but Real Madrid and Liverpool keep making offers of £38 mil. Happened the season before with Dougie too. I've checked the transfer status page and the value is not specified, like most players. 4 years on his contract too. However most players that are first team I'll sell for more than they're worth. Arsenal took McGinn for £64 mil, and I signed Tierney in the 2nd season, end of the season Al-Hilal took him for £90mil.

Just seems too random.

There are a lot of issues with transfers for me. Especially with low rated players I could get 15-20 offers for a player in the one transfer window and he rejects everyone of them.

Sometimes when I negotiate for players I offered slightly below their value and they turn around and massively increase their prize. Fir instance I offer 2.75 million for a 3 million player and they come back and tell me they cant take lower than 17 million.

And finally negotiate a new contract with a player and he accepts it but it doesnt update and he leaves on a free transfer.

• Thanks 1

This game is a buggy mess.

My son was playing a game on the draft mode and it randomly started jittering all over the place, with a player from the title screen doing overhead kicks in the middle of the pitch over and over again.

Can't even be bothered to play career mode.

• Haha 1

I brought this shambles on the back of the beta which I played, which was actually decent. 

I will never buy a footy game made by EA ever again. 

It says a lot that my youngest lad, who usually grinds UT, stopped playing after about a month because of how bad it was and he's now doing a Master League on PES20.

I'm back on PES19, always been a PES fan over FIFA though I won't touch the efootball crap as it has zero to do offline. I don't want to open packs and all that crap, it's stupid. 

We need a company, the one that makes Don Bradman cricket would be a dream, to get hold of football gaming and give offline players something. On DB Cricket it has a community where people make players, teams, uniforms etc... and you can download them. 

• Like 2

Yeah EA has needed decent competition for a long long time now. The licensing issue is a big problem, I read somewhere that EA pay for exclusivity on the player/club/badge licensing but I feel like that shouldn't be allowed. Kinda enables them to monopolise the market, to a certain degree. 

On 25/01/2024 at 13:56, jacketspuds said:

I would still love an upgraded version of Sensible World of Soccer.

This game is complete shite.

There is one, sort of, but it’s.. not great? Some updates have made it better. Too easy to score, not as good as the classics. Sociable Soccer.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I started playing FC24 again, a bit, but it's a little tedious.

I miss the customisation of the PES games, building any classic team and kit that I wanted.

I miss online play just being an option and not the main feature of the game.

Playing continental tournaments to unlock classic versions of the winners.

Music that you don't have to mute.

😩

Â