EA Sports FC

hogso

Put about an hour in career mode, usual complaints, scouting is shite, transfers are too easy, they still haven't fixed the loan to buy bullshit, the hub is old and tired, there isn't enough flexibility in the tactics screen

Started a game... The default camera is shite, the players names above their heads is bizarre that it clutters the screen and paired with the cheap looking power bar it all feels too arcadey and cartoony

But... I think it's a better game than last year, I can see it that if you go through the first couple of hours learning curve and play with the sliders it'd be alright

Unfortunately because they've seemingly not fixed anything else I won't be doing that or probably finishing the 10 hour trial

• Sad 1

I've come to accept the general toxic atmosphere around this game. I do enjoy playing and building a squad on ultimate team now, especially with the women added this time round and the removal of positional change consumables. 

I'm hoping to create a Villa men's/ Women's hybrid to use most the time and accept I will  be slapped every few games by people who spend more time or put money into the game. Although there's a lot of hatred for it I don't mind the squad battles either so can use that squad offline. 

Hopefully some good performances from our players gets a few nice special cards. It's road to the knockouts tomorrow at 6pm for Europe so there's every chance Villa will get a good card for that. 

On 25/09/2023 at 11:45, villa89 said:

There's no chance anyone will be able to build a decent football game from the ground up. At this stage its impossible to compete with EA unless someone pays konami a shit ton of money to make the ultimate PES.

Re-create Pro Evo 6 (I think it was; possibility of 5) gameplay with updated graphics and teams etc.

It would absolutely rock.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

I've never been a fan of FIFA, always a PES head. 

I tried the EAFC trial and actually didn't mind it. 

Last night I put the operation sports sliders on and couldn't stop playing. I only had like an hour of the trial left, so today went out and brought the game. 

I'm really enjoying it. The sliders are key, they are superb. I don't play online and I'm now at an age, 40, where I realise nothing will ever be perfect and can see past the flaws. I play on PS4 and I do wonder how much that Hypermotion crap ruins the game on next gen. 

Anyone playing on a PC? My son is having mega issues with stuttering when the game has been paused or a corner is being taken. We've tried tinkering with vsync, windowed mode etc, nothing seems to help. He's playing on a pretty decent PC.

I'm such a boring old git, I gave up with PC gaming years ago when I found I spent more time tinkering to get a game to work than I did playing it. Then I'd get the new game to work and badger it for the rest, whack-a-mole. 

The sole addition to Career Mode - the hiring of developmental coaches - is currently broken beyond actual use; once you've hired a coach, they cannot be released without hard-locking the game and forcing a complete restart.  Best bet until (if) it's patched is to wait until 5* star coaches that you won't ever want to replace pop up for hire.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2023 at 14:01, bobzy said:

Re-create Pro Evo 6 (I think it was; possibility of 5) gameplay with updated graphics and teams etc.

It would absolutely rock.

They were still bringing out superior football games (from a gameplay perspective) up until a few years ago.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying it so far, I think the difficulty has been improved, often it would be that one setting is ridiculously easy, then you move up one setting and it's ridiculously hard.

The AI feels better too, it feels more adaptive whereas it used to feel like the CPU players were stuck to a programming script.

There is a lot wrong with this game. I didn't intend to buy it, but one night I accidentally drank a bottle of wine and woke up to find it downloaded. 

The game breaking when you try and fire a coach is unforgivable. The disrespect this shows to EA's customers that they released with this very obvious bug in a headline new feature is overwhelming.

Fortunately the coaching feature adds so little to the actual gameplay that not using it makes no noticeable difference.

The player models are weird now. Everyone has been to the gym and have massive upper bodies. I would have said in previous generations that the player models were a little skinny for some of the larger guys, but EA seem to have overcompensated and turned everyone into cartoon superheros.

There are so many visual bugs that I can't mention them all, but a few notable ones are....

Invisible players on the pitch (doubles up as a gameplay bug and another absolute shocker from EA)

Handing over the match ball to a hatrick scorer fails so the player walks away holding a ball that isn't there.

When it's raining, during the halftime cut scene it is still raining on the manager whilst inside the changing room.

The news feed occasionally features players that are clearly time slipping like Loki or extras from Jacobs Ladder.

Transfer cut scenes frequently feature players showing off a generic placeholder club shirt not that of the club they are joining.

I've done some pretty shameful things whilst drunk and buying this game is up there with the worst. EA made the decision to release this broken sack of shit whilst stone cold sober. They should have to do the walk of shame. What a bunch of spunk trumpets they are.

12 hours ago, Straggler said:

EA made the decision to release this broken sack of shit whilst stone cold sober. 

Pretty much every game is released broken these days. Its cheaper and easier to just release games broken, let the customer's do the testing for you and then release patches to fix various bugs. Hard to remember a game that didn't have huge issues at lauch.

I like some aspects of this game but hate others. I hate the fact it's easier to defend by literally not controlling defenders and just letting the AI do all the work to intercept the ball. Feels cheap.

And dribbling is all sort of stupid. 

• 3 weeks later...

Why can't I defend any more? I've played every iteration of Fifa since 08 on World Class or Legendary, and now I'm conceding 3-4 goals a game, no matter what team I play as, what defending type. Mental. I can usually score 4 or 5 though, making each game a basketball score. 

I played the Beta and had no problems defending at all. 

Wtf?!

My hot take is I genuinely wouldn't care if they had a year where they saved themselves time and didn't touch the gameplay engine itself at all, just updated the superficial stuff (kits etc.) and instead devoted that resource to improving (...fixing) game modes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Why can't I defend any more? I've played every iteration of Fifa since 08 on World Class or Legendary, and now I'm conceding 3-4 goals a game, no matter what team I play as, what defending type. Mental. I can usually score 4 or 5 though, making each game a basketball score. 

I played the Beta and had no problems defending at all. 

Wtf?!

Us the Operation Sports community sliders.  They will prevent the cricket scores and will slow the game down significantly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Straggler said:

Us the Operation Sports community sliders.  They will prevent the cricket scores and will slow the game down significantly.

I normally do but I was waiting a little before I did it this year as it usually takes them a little while to refine them. Time may be now.

Â