EA Sports FC

hogso

It coming out in July leans towards what I think it'll be, service game constantly being updated, making an absolute **** fortune

Can see it being given away for free within the next couple of years

Also think they'll bin off career mode which ends what little interest I have in them

I'm sure fifa 23 is on game pass / EA play next week

How much would it cost the makers of FM to just tack on an older FIFA engine and make their game playable? That'd be the dream. Absolute Dreamland would be allowing the same sort of user customisation and sharing you'd get from modding PC versions to get around the licences, but I feel like that would encourage some swift hammer-dropping of user generated content restrictions (think Man Utd already tried something like that, if I recall).

But yeah, no Career Mode and I've no reason to buy the game, finally. The mad thing is I'd totally fork out for monetised extra content for CM if they ever bothered with it; additional league licenses, proper GK kits, stuff like that.

9 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

How much would it cost the makers of FM to just tack on an older FIFA engine and make their game playable? That'd be the dream. Absolute Dreamland would be allowing the same sort of user customisation and sharing you'd get from modding PC versions to get around the licences, but I feel like that would encourage some swift hammer-dropping of user generated content restrictions (think Man Utd already tried something like that, if I recall).

But yeah, no Career Mode and I've no reason to buy the game, finally. The mad thing is I'd totally fork out for monetised extra content for CM if they ever bothered with it; additional league licenses, proper GK kits, stuff like that.

Same. I've bought every game since 2008, but that would be the deal breaker.

19 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Years ago I got in to the modding of FM, downloaded all the badges, kits, player photos, then got in to the steam workshop and downloaded loads of different league mods and scouting mods etc then played with the editor and did loads of stuff myself - I once put over a thousand ex players in the game as -10 rated wonderkids at their original youth club - but no matter what I always played it as traditional text only, never use the match engine, that game for me is about imagination

Now I've moved away from playing it on laptop and on to the switch, previously xbox and ipad, I miss the editing stuff

The stuff is all out there on places like sortitoutsi and FM scout

• Like 1

Ah yes, back in the day I used to love getting those late-summer issues of World Soccer that had the updated squad lists so I could painstakingly input every possible team into Sensible Soccer, then lament that you could only have black players with black hair thus was unable to accurately portray Ibrahim Ba. 

Kicker Sonderhefts were an absolute game-changer.

• Like 1

I'm hoping that now they have shed the FIFA branding it will give them more freedom to make a better game. But that's probably just wishful thinking and it will likely end up being a FUT game only. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/04/2023 at 03:01, villa4europe said:

It coming out in July leans towards what I think it'll be, service game constantly being updated, making an absolute **** fortune

Can see it being given away for free within the next couple of years

Also think they'll bin off career mode which ends what little interest I have in them

I'm sure fifa 23 is on game pass / EA play next week

It's rumored to be heavily NFT based...  I think it'll be like you said with it turning Ultimate Team into a perpetual service game that you'll have to pay a fortune for the limited amount of very good player cards.  

Someone recently found out that EA has been giving FUT players phantom injuries on the back end that don't show up on the UI and you can't remove, so your star team starts playing poorly and gets you to want to buy more packs.  Absolute scum business from EA.  Can't wait to see how FIFA does with their own game next year.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Not sure if I should get this on ps5 or series S, do you think there will be a big difference? 

PS5 will likely be better given its better spec, but would guess it would be relatively marginal in a game like FIFA.

On 27/04/2023 at 17:57, KMitch said:

Can't wait to see how FIFA does with their own game next year.  

There's no chance anyone will be able to build a decent football game from the ground up. At this stage its impossible to compete with EA unless someone pays konami a shit ton of money to make the ultimate PES.

They changed the gameplay during the beta. Started off like more of a sim, then became more arcadey. Someone on the forum came up with some slider settings that made it mint, though.

Just now, PieFacE said:

What slider settings?

User and CPU sliders in the settings menu. 

If you are asking what the settings were, I'm due to get the game tonight, so I can play around and post them here.

Â