Pedro Gonçalves

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Many thanks. Hmm. I wonder would Buendia be under threat from him? 

Buendia will be under threat from any attacking players we sign tbf.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just saw his goal against Arsenal for the first time. That’s an unbelievable goal that doesn’t get talked about or shown anywhere near as much as it should have.  

tbf it was only Ramsdale that he beat .. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

tbf it was only Ramsdale that he beat .. 

still it was an amazing goal never mind Buendia he’d be a threat to anyone’s place in any team. I thought only Brazilians could lob Seanen from that distance!

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

still it was an amazing goal never mind Buendia he’d be a threat to anyone’s place in any team. I thought only Brazilians could lob Seamen from that distance!

So when is he signing?

Edited by DaveAV1

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Buendia may not even start the first game of the season with the squad we have right  now. 

I'd be very surprised if Buendia starts at Newcastle. We will have other, better options. 

And I am a fan of Emi in general. We must keep building and improving tho.

And we are.

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I'd be very surprised if Buendia starts at Newcastle. We will have other, better options. 

And I am a fan of Emi in general. We must keep building and improving tho.

And we are.

Buendia won't start even if we didn't sign another player. Bailey is preferred over him.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Buendia won't start even if we didn't sign another player. Bailey is preferred over him.

Surely it's Ramsey preferred over him?  Bailey plays over on the other side of the pitch.

Just now, bobzy said:

Surely it's Ramsey preferred over him?  Bailey plays over on the other side of the pitch.

Bailey plays the same role in our set up as Buendia. McGinn and Ramsey play on left and right of midfield and Bailey kinda plays more advanced but over to the right. It's very fluid whichever way you look at it.

One things for sure though, as is, McGinn, Luiz, Ramsey and Kamara are the starting 4 and then it's a toss up between Buendia and Bailey as to who starts behind Watkins. With everyone fit, I think Emery (like Gerrard) prefers Bailey and may even prefer Coutinho too over Buendia. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Bailey plays the same role in our set up as Buendia. McGinn and Ramsey play on left and right of midfield and Bailey kinda plays more advanced but over to the right. It's very fluid whichever way you look at it.

One things for sure though, as is, McGinn, Luiz, Ramsey and Kamara are the starting 4 and then it's a toss up between Buendia and Bailey as to who starts behind Watkins. With everyone fit, I think Emery (like Gerrard) prefers Bailey and may even prefer Coutinho too over Buendia. 

Surely he doesn't.  Bailey plays over on the right, more attack minded and not getting stuck in.  Ramsey and/or Buendia play on the left, tucking in to give Moreno overlapping space and also providing middle of the park support alongside McGinn ahead of Luiz/Kamara.  They function in a very different manner to my eyes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Do you have a 'Buendia keyword alert' any thread any mention, quick steam in, can't miss an opportunity to slag him off.

probably also an internet wide one, no forum, comments section safe, even ones in his native Argentina, his family whatsapp group chats.

he probably needs a restraining order to stop you from standing outside of his house with a sign saying 'you're sh*t' 

presume the guy sh*gged your missus or stole your cookie for this level of unhealthy obssession.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Surely he doesn't.  Bailey plays over on the right, more attack minded and not getting stuck in.  Ramsey and/or Buendia play on the left, tucking in to give Moreno overlapping space and also providing middle of the park support alongside McGinn ahead of Luiz/Kamara.  They function in a very different manner to my eyes.

Yeh, you could be right, my point is, our team last season was pretty much....

------------------------Watkins-------------------------
------------------------------?????-----------------------
Ramsey-------Luiz------Kamara------McGinn
Moreno---------Mings----Konsa---------Cash
------------------------Martinez-------------------------

That position behind the striker was taken up by Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey. My point is, that was the position up for grabs. Emery wasn't dropping any of the other players for long because they were all very, very good. 

Now, if we don't sign anybody else, Bailey is likely to start ahead of Buendia. IF we sign somebody like Goncalves, maybe that's where he will play?

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Do you have a 'Buendia keyword alert' any thread any mention, quick steam in, can't miss an opportunity to slag him off.

probably also an internet wide one, no forum, comments section safe, even ones in his native Argentina, his family whatsapp group chats.

he probably needs a restraining order to stop you from standing outside of his house with a sign saying 'you're sh*t' 

presume the guy sh*gged your missus or stole your cookie for this level of unhealthy obssession.

He sh*gged her AND stole my cookie.

Get it now?

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

So when is he signing?

On 03/06/2023 at 14:21, MaVilla said:

"advanced with approaches" but "concrete offer yet to be made".

So basically nothing has happened at all!?!? :P

I doubt it's even happening.

As others have said, I doubt we will.be paying such a figure for this guy and no offer has even been tabled anyway.

Pointless thread.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

47 minutes ago, sne said:

We signed Torres for £20m below his release clause. If there is a deal for Goncalves it will be well below his release clause too.

Does his contract expire next summer too?

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Does his contract expire next summer too?

Nope 2026. But just like with Palhinha I doubt Sporting will demand the full release clause as no one will pay that. If they do then there will be no deal and that might be fine for both us, them and the player.

Â