Current PL club you LEAST like

Marka Ragnos

Which current PL club did you like LEAST? (Multiple choices OK)  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Which current PL club did you like LEAST?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/23 at 11:12

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Interesting. I guess I sometimes struggle to work out what British "nasty" means, @KentVillan. My English dad would say that, and he usually meant sort of prurient/immoral behaviour. I guess I think of petty criminal stuff, like where after a match you end up on a "Do you know this person?" photo from the Met. Leeds supporters remind me of Marx's lumpenproletariat, if that makes any sense, but that's only based on glimpses I've had on telly.  

A lot of it's down to the history of the various firms they had in the 70s and 80s. Some firms were bigger and more active, and had far right National Front elements involved.

Most clubs have largely moved on from it, but for a few it's still part of their identity, and you can feel it on a match day. Millwall probably the worst. Of the current PL sides it's probably Chelsea, Leeds, West Ham, although Chelsea post Abramovich has attracted a lot of new fans who are more like your typical half and half scarf type.

• Thanks 1

Man City for me with Chelsea a close second.  They have ruined the English game that I grew up with.  Two clubs who historically have been yo-yo and, at best, occasional challengers.  The immense money injection and then manipulation of the rules at every turn.  The sickening part for me is that the media bias that existed twenty years ago pales in comparison to the pathetic bias that we see today. 

Forest got promoted in 1978 and won the league the following year.  We got promoted in 1988 and came second in 1990 and 1993.  That was down to good/great management and a league that had parity. Impossible now. Leicester won the league in 2016, sure, and then their two best players f***ed off to Chelsea and Citeh.  The corrupt FFP "rules" only applied to Leicester.  When Forest won it not only did they keep their team, but they added to it and went on to win two European Cups. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Spoony said:

their fans are relatively tolerable 

They really aren't. They are horrible bastards. Man City away is dodgy as hell and I've seen loads of trouble there over the years.

On top of that, they have this delusion that they are the victims after cheating their way to success and ruining football. They are worse than their neighbours by a long shot and that takes some doing.

Horrible, horrible club with horrible, horrible fans.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, tinker said:

Man U, loads of fans from the Midlands who have no connections to the club other than a distant one. Like big kids. 

In Ireland I notice they dont ever talk about football if they haven't won

If they beat us I get loads of messages from people I havent spoken to in person in years

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In Ireland I notice they dont ever talk about football if they haven't won

If they beat us I get loads of messages from people I havent spoken to in person in years

It's very quiet today then, it is here 😄

Out of boredom I'm going to rank them in order of dislike

1. Manchester United

2. Manchester City

3. Newcastle

4. Chelsea

5. Tottenham

6. Liverpool

7. West Ham

8. Leeds

9. Arsenal

10. Wolves

11. Everton

12. Leicester

13. Bournemouth

14.Southampton

15. Crystal Palace

16. Brighton

17. Fulham

18. Brentford

19. Nottingham Forest

20. Aston Villa

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

They really aren't. They are horrible bastards. Man City away is dodgy as hell and I've seen loads of trouble there over the years.

On top of that, they have this delusion that they are the victims after cheating their way to success and ruining football. They are worse than their neighbours by a long shot and that takes some doing.

Horrible, horrible club with horrible, horrible fans.

Fair enough. I’ve only been there once tbf but that was pre-oil money. I just thought they’re relatively harmless simply as you don’t tend to meet any or see them much on social media but fair enough if you’ve experienced them a bit more first hand. 

I bet the age difference in the votes is interesting. I imagine younger fans likely give much less of a toss about Man Utd whereas us slightly older fans had to endure their successful years. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Fair enough. I’ve only been there once tbf but that was pre-oil money. I just thought they’re relatively harmless simply as you don’t tend to meet any or see them much on social media but fair enough if you’ve experienced them a bit more first hand. 

Yeah I go to almost every away game when I'm in the country, but refuse to go there. Not been since being attacked from behind at the bus stop outside the Etihad, whilst I had my arms around a woman and a child.

I asked the 2 middle aged Man City fans who were women btw, if they saw what just happened and their response was "shut the **** up or you'll all get one from us as well".

After arriving back at Piccadilly, after a bus journey with a terrified 12 year old, we arrived to scenes of young teenage Villa fans covered in blood where they'd been attacked by middle aged men. Man City fans.

For the record, Man City had won the game 2-0.

I wouldn't go back to that hellhole if you paid me. Never.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yeah I go to almost every away game when I'm in the country, but refuse to go there. Not been since being attacked from behind at the bus stop outside the Etihad, whilst I had my arms around a woman and a child.

I asked the 2 middle aged Man City fans who were women btw, if they saw what just happened and their response was "shut the **** up or you'll all get one from us as well".

After arriving back at Piccadilly, after a bus journey with a terrified 12 year old, we arrived to scenes of young teenage Villa fans covered in blood where they'd been attacked by middle aged men. 

For the record, Man City jade won the game 2-0.

I wouldn't go back to that hellhole if you paid me. Never.

Jesus I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve got to be honest, I avoid PL football altogether and only go to local games now. I’ve no time for the seethingly angry, coked up dick heads that go to top flight football games. Just can’t be doing with it. 

2 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

even though I've got an SO postcode, had to go Southampton, the wife is from Pompey, all the in-laws are Pompey, so it has to be Southampton - mush!. 

The scummers are pretty harmless but with your pompey connections I can see why you'd. be adverse to them!

If the other 19 PL clubs were polled, I wonder where we’d register on average.

Wolves would put us pretty high. Newcastle I suspect would put us in the top five. After that, I don’t think we’d feature too prominently. About halfway, maybe at a push.

I see these polls/games on things like Reddit where fans of a tv show have 20 characters in front of them and they have to eliminate their least favourite  each round before they reach the final and Niles Crane triumphs over his father Martin. A filtering process, I guess to get rid of the most polarising candidates. Based on this, Brentford, Palace and Fulham would be among the front runners to win.

FWIW, regarding this poll, I think Arsenal are a bit lower than I would have guessed. I remember a lot of annoyance of them disappearing before the end of the cup final win, and their general entitled attitude they’ve had/have. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

The scummers are pretty harmless but with your pompey connections I can see why you'd. be adverse to them!

Someone from round these parts, me thinks?

Â