Current PL club you LEAST like

Marka Ragnos

Which current PL club did you like LEAST? (Multiple choices OK)  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Which current PL club did you like LEAST?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/23 at 11:12

5 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

If the other 19 PL clubs were polled, I wonder where we’d register on average.

Wolves would put us pretty high. Newcastle I suspect would put us in the top five. After that, I don’t think we’d feature too prominently. About halfway, maybe at a push.

I see these polls/games on things like Reddit where fans of a tv show have 20 characters in front of them and they have to eliminate their least favourite  each round before they reach the final and Niles Crane triumphs over his father Martin. A filtering process, I guess to get rid of the most polarising candidates. Based on this, Brentford, Palace and Fulham would be among the front runners to win.

FWIW, regarding this poll, I think Arsenal are a bit lower than I would have guessed. I remember a lot of annoyance of them disappearing before the end of the cup final win, and their general entitled attitude they’ve had/have. 

I think you underestimate how disliked we are. The Grealish era damaged our image quite a bit. Plus we threw money around in the championship and let’s face it we are an entitled bunch. We are just that annoying nothing team with weird accents from the rough part of the country who dive all the time and go on about 1982. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

If the other 19 PL clubs were polled, I wonder where we’d register on average.

Wolves would put us pretty high. Newcastle I suspect would put us in the top five. After that, I don’t think we’d feature too prominently. About halfway, maybe at a push.

I see these polls/games on things like Reddit where fans of a tv show have 20 characters in front of them and they have to eliminate their least favourite  each round before they reach the final and Niles Crane triumphs over his father Martin. A filtering process, I guess to get rid of the most polarising candidates. Based on this, Brentford, Palace and Fulham would be among the front runners to win.

FWIW, regarding this poll, I think Arsenal are a bit lower than I would have guessed. I remember a lot of annoyance of them disappearing before the end of the cup final win, and their general entitled attitude they’ve had/have. 

Brentford probably dont like that we took all there players so imagine not that popular with them. I think is a few teams that dont like us

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I think you underestimate how disliked we are. The Grealish era damaged our image quite a bit. Plus we threw money around in the championship and let’s face it we are an entitled bunch. We are just that annoying nothing team with weird accents from the rough part of the country who dive all the time and go on about 1982. 

I don’t think fans of Premier League clubs give a shit about our spending in the championship. Would Brentford supporters be annoyed with our lavish spending? - no, I think they’re very much pleased with the £10m we gave them for Scott Hogan.

I think that “does nothing club” aspect might be there, but it’s not going to outweigh people’s general dislike of Leeds, or Man City’s cheating, or Liverpool’s “this means more” arrogance. It’s going to be middling dislike in comparison.

Edit 

@Zatman see above why I think Brentford might be ok with us.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

I think what's quite interesting is the reasons why we don't like those clubs.

For me, I hate Liverpool, but it's totally because of the fans. Never met a more deluded fanbase who perennially think they deserve and expect success, and who think they know more about football than everyone else. It's a shame, as I actually quite like watching the team under Klopp. Always entertaining games.

Most of the clubs I dislike are for similar reasons, especially Spurs and Journo Killer FC.

I used to hate Utd under Fergie as they got away with everything, but now I'm not so bothered by them.

I like most of the other Midlands and Northern prem teams, as I find you can talk to their fans on match day in the pub. Most of the southerners are prize plums.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t think fans of Premier League clubs give a shit about our spending in the championship. Would Brentford supporters be annoyed with our lavish spending? - no, I think they’re very much pleased with the £10m we gave them for Scott Hogan.

According to Transfermarkt, Brentford's transfer net spend (the column to the right) for the last two seasons is nearly twice as high as Villa's.

I was surprised when I saw it.

transf.png

• Shocked 1

I went with Everton, its very close between Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool to be honest but thought I would select a non big 6. 

Mainly due to the fans and the handling of where they are in the league (confrontation of players with kids in the car etc). It just sticks out, I completely understand that they are angry and are venting their frustrations however stopping players cars after games to have a pop is not the right way to go about it. I think some people forget in the heat of the moment that footballers are humans with lives and families, none of them deserve the treatment that they have been receiving 

23 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

As a kid it was always Arsenal or Man Utd.  That meant I found myself getting behind Arsenal to win the league most seasons.  I guess that has somewhat stayed with me making them by far the most bearable of the so called 'big 6'.

I did really enjoy their 1998-2004 squad too.

are we specifying the "club" or the fans of the "club". because my answer differs for that. 

If we are looking at clubs, then Manchester United & Arsenal come to mind. Trying to entrench themselves at the top by rigging the money for those who are consistently at the top and raking in all the sponsorship money. Then Manchester City & Chelsea for all the financial excess to catch up / keep pace with Manchester United/Arsenal. 

Here’s something no one asked for, the current percentages listed in descending order -

Man City 20.56

Newcastle 15.33

Man Utd 13.24

Liverpool 10.1

Leeds 9.06

Chelsea 6.62

Spurs 5.23

West Ham 3.83

Arsenal 3.48

Wolves 2.44

Everton 1.74

Bournemouth/Brighton/Leicester 1.39

Forest/Southampton 1.05

Brentford/Fulham/Palace 0.7

VT seems to have a soft spot for the smaller London clubs. The London contingent of the sky six are much less disliked than the other three. And on the whole, the southern clubs typically seem to be more agreeable. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Here’s something no one asked for, the current percentages listed in descending order -

Man City 20.56

Newcastle 15.33

Man Utd 13.24

Liverpool 10.1

Leeds 9.06

Chelsea 6.62

Spurs 5.23

West Ham 3.83

Arsenal 3.48

Wolves 2.44

Everton 1.74

Bournemouth/Brighton/Leicester 1.39

Forest/Southampton 1.05

Brentford/Fulham/Palace 0.7

VT seems to have a soft spot for the smaller London clubs. The London contingent of the sky six are much less disliked than the other three. And on the whole, the southern clubs typically seem to be more agreeable. 

Success breeds contempt. 

Seemingly so does persistent failure in the case of spuds.

And ill gotten money, that's a no. 

Throw in scumbag fans and they're the most popular reasons. 

The most confusing thing from that, for me, is why Arsenal and West Ham are fairly significantly less hated than Spurs. I'd expect them to be at best equally hated. Maybe I'm missing something...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Success breeds contempt. 

Seemingly so does persistent failure in the case of spuds.

And ill gotten money, that's a no. 

Throw in scumbag fans and they're the most popular reasons. 

The most confusing thing from that, for me, is why Arsenal and West Ham are fairly significantly less hated than Spurs. I'd expect them to be at best equally hated. Maybe I'm missing something...

I think with Spurs it’s partly them being considered one of that six but they haven’t won a sausage. 

Also, and this might be wrong, but I think there was a spurs supporter who used to post here who might have influenced the general dislike of them on here.

I personally don’t mind them that much, but my dad supports them so I’m not totally impartial.

Â