Weekends Football 3/5 March

andykeenan

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

The MON effect is kicking in at Newcastle. Only so far can get with players like Burn and Longstaff etc before the true level recedes

Have been struggling since the World Cup to break teams down and are desperate for a creative spark

Good season for them so far

What is the MON effect in relation to Newcastle?

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Some average squad players not sustaining their form. Small squad effect.

Makes no sense. They have some average players yes, not like it's some kind of philosophy.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Makes no sense. They have some average players yes, not like it's some kind of philosophy.

I don't think the original post was about philosophy, but more a comment about how a limited squad (with some quality players sprinkled in) is going to hit their ceiling eventually.

Just now, The_Steve said:

I don't think the original post was about philosophy, but more a comment about how a limited squad (with some quality players sprinkled in) is going to hit their ceiling eventually.

I agree. But it's football. Nothing to do with MON.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Looks like Arteta had a bust up with the Bournemouth back room team after they scored their 3rd.

He’s just an odious arrogant prick.

Winning managers tend to be. Klopp, Guardiola, Ferguson, dripping in arrogance.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Annoyingly this surely is the Arse season, but funny for Pep losing out to his little Lego man

After bolstering their squad with Zinchenko and Jesus. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Start well and teams figure you out and have no plan B. The MON way

I really want us to batter Leicester in the away game. How we lost to a team with Danny Ward in goal is beyond me. Emery gets a pass but that game was seriously a manager who lost the plot for 90 minutes.

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I really want us to batter Leicester in the away game. How we lost to a team with Danny Ward in goal is beyond me. Emery gets a pass but that game was seriously a manager who lost the plot for 90 minutes.

We absolutely battered them, but gifted them 4 goals. I find it fairly hard to square it on the manager tbh. 

• Like 1

Â