Nicola Bulley Missing Dog Walker

Lupinthe5th

16 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Why have the Police chosen to release information regarding her problems with alcohol?  

If she has a problem it's not going to help that it's now public knowledge.  Nor would it help find her.  She is not a criminal.  She is either missing or a victim.  

Disclosing this information is inexcusable.  Its an egregious breach of privacy that is completely unjustified. 

Data Protection and Human Rights only apply to the living. By making this statement it makes me think that the Police are confident that she's dead.   

the idea seems to be that she has been labelled vulnerable and I suspect information was being disclosed about the visits from vulnerable services. My assumption is that the police were concerned that the public would interpret this as to do with other family members, she may be painted as a victim of domestic abuse. Its clear the attention and speculation from the public has been tough on the family and they were attempting to avoid more.

Still, its weird that they are allowed to say it.

Several people have posted that the Police's disclosure was well intentioned in order to stop people jumping to conclusions, taking inappropriate actions and protect the family from further intrusion.  

Saying that she was a menopausal alcoholic has not removed the possibility that her husband killed her because she was a menopausal alcoholic. 

The Police are pretty certain that she went into the river and there was no foul play.  Maybe she googled "Suicide methods" or "How long does it take to drown" before she left home that day.   Who knows?     

I doubt that finding the body will do anything to establish why she ended up in the river.  Did she jump?  Was she pushed. 

Loons believe the world is flat, the King is a lizard, and SHA are a football team.    There is ample evidence to the contrary.  

Loons will continue to be loons. 

The Police have achieved nothing other than telling the world personal information that was neither relevant or necessary.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

the idea seems to be that she has been labelled vulnerable and I suspect information was being disclosed about the visits from vulnerable services. My assumption is that the police were concerned that the public would interpret this as to do with other family members, she may be painted as a victim of domestic abuse. Its clear the attention and speculation from the public has been tough on the family and they were attempting to avoid more.

Still, its weird that they are allowed to say it.

I have to say as soon as I saw that "Vulnerable" tag bandied about, domestic issues was my first thought rightly or wrongly.

Which shows they should never have made that statement in the first place.

It's been like watching Uriah Rennie refereeing a game.  He would make a stupid mistake then try and cover it up/rectify it by making an even more stupid decision later.

They made a mistake releasing the vulnerable information and tried to correct it by making an even bigger mistake of releasing her alcoholism problem.........and doubled down with completely unnecessarily connecting it to menopause.  it's quite breathtaking really,

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The Police have achieved nothing other than telling the world personal information that was neither relevant or necessary.

Their problem is they're not used to the level of attention focused on this sad case. The media stuff they've done all along hasn't been very good, IMO. Rather than put things to bed, or calm them down, they've tended to fuel them and then have to react to that fuelling and how it has impacted on the family and on various tubes and whoppers on that internet and so on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I have to say as soon as I saw that "Vulnerable" tag bandied about, domestic issues was my first thought rightly or wrongly.

Which shows they should never have made that statement in the first place.

It's been like watching Uriah Rennie refereeing a game.  He would make a stupid mistake then try and cover it up/rectify it by making an even more stupid decision later.

They made a mistake releasing the vulnerable information and tried to correct it by making an even bigger mistake of releasing her alcoholism problem.........and doubled down with completely unnecessarily connecting it to menopause.  it's quite breathtaking really,

i agree, im sat hear trying to rationalise their stupidity. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The Police are pretty certain that she went into the river and there was no foul play.  Maybe she googled "Suicide methods" or "How long does it take to drown" before she left home that day.   Who knows?     

I doubt that finding the body will do anything to establish why she ended up in the river.  Did she jump?  Was she pushed. 

I might have missed it but I've not seen any evidence that anyone else (except the dog) was there to suggest she was pushed. 

If it was premeditated suicide then I have no idea why she dialled it to the work Teams call. Why bother?

Suggests unfortunate accident. 

Instead of releasing statements on her struggling with the menopause, which I do think is outrageous by the police, they could have gave information on, how she left the team meeting, which I'm sure would be good part evidence to what has happened. Did she just cut them off, ask to leave for 5 minutes, how did she react online, she was still connected was my belief?? This is typical information they usually release, although the media have heard nothing I guess.

Also, do the police not generally hold a press conference by now with family members pleading for more evidence from the public, this may help, rather than the police flapping around the case behind the scenes so it seems.

16 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I might have missed it but I've not seen any evidence that anyone else (except the dog) was there to suggest she was pushed. 

If it was premeditated suicide then I have no idea why she dialled it to the work Teams call. Why bother?

I am not suggesting she was pushed. I am saying that even if they find the body it will not stop loons coming up with bizarre theories. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Or an exceptionally dull teams meeting?

28 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I knew something was very off with this case when I first read the thread title. 

How could she be walking a missing dog? :detect:

I thought the actress Nicola Walker was a missing dog bully. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SuperTed said:

There was an old fella in Tamworth who went missing in 2021 around a large reservoir area called Cliff Lakes. Poor man still hasn’t been found. You wonder whether she will ever be found 😩

Quite an ironic name for how he met his end. Poor Cliff. RIP. 

Â