Nicola Bulley Missing Dog Walker

Lupinthe5th

2 hours ago, SuperTed said:

There was an old fella in Tamworth who went missing in 2021 around a large reservoir area called Cliff Lakes.

Yeah Cliff Flakes, I knew I'd heard of him.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Just seen a Tweet where a guy posts a picture taken from her Facebook and claims it shows evidence that her partner was abusing her (it doesn't). Also features the two kids without any attempt to hide their identities.

There are some sick, thick people in the world. Feels like we need to rewrite laws on this so voyeurs can be punished for turning cases into social media whodunnits. I get that a certain amount of media coverage and transparency is good for the legal process and for public confidence, but there's a level some people go to where it's basically stalking / harassment / defamation.

I feel there needs to be proper social media training in society now really. 
The importance of keeping them private. This is including tracking apps like Strava, Runkeeper or whatever too. 
Also important not to use you real name for sites. How to deal with online breadcrumbs. 

30 minutes ago, picicata said:

That's plenty deep enough if it was suicide

I’ve never heard of people throwing themselves into a river for suicide. Not unless it’s off a high bridge or something. The whole thing is really really odd.

Presumably with the amount of those godawful cctv cameras we have in this country they would know by now if she’d just had a meltdown and wandered off though.

53 minutes ago, picicata said:

That's plenty deep enough if it was suicide

I read somewhere that it’s incredibly difficult to drown yourself when you have the ability to breathe if you can/want. Human instinct will always take over for breathe. Not sure if true. 

18 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I’ve never heard of people throwing themselves into a river for suicide. Not unless it’s off a high bridge or something. The whole thing is really really odd.

Presumably with the amount of those godawful cctv cameras we have in this country they would know by now if she’d just had a meltdown and wandered off though.

A friend of mine did exactly that a few years ago. Took herself to a local park, laid down in the water and killed herself. She also had two daughters of about the same age as this lady and was a very strong swimmer.

• Sad 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I read somewhere that it’s incredibly difficult to drown yourself when you have the ability to breathe if you can/want. Human instinct will always take over for breathe. Not sure if true. 

You'd think so but as I have said above, I sadly have first hand experience that it is possible to drown yourself if you decide you want to.

7 hours ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Hmmmmm. Could someone bash Bazzer on the head with a rock before throwing him in there just so we can follow up all possible eventualities please? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

Trent Bridge is pretty regularly closed due to this sort of thing (it’s never stated quite as specifically by police, but it’s known).

The bridge isn’t particularly high in terms of impact etc. Sadly, I think rivers are quite “common” for people who are struggling.

(for reference:)

image.thumb.jpeg.fe72ff9f60ed6b0eb6e3de5748745c7f.jpeg

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

It’s relatively common, unfortunately. Not as common as various other methods thah don’t need listing, but yes people walk into rivers / lakes / the sea to take their own lives.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Difficult but not impossible, and in freezing cold water there’s the cold water shock and / or hypothermia to factor in.

• Like 1

https://www.rya.org.uk/blog/cold-shocking-truth

What is cold water shock?

Cold water shock causes involuntary body reactions that can be as swift as they are deadly – meaning your ability to swim well has no impact on your survival. It is far deadlier than Hypothermia, yet far less understood by boaters.

Cold water shock is a real danger in temperatures below 15°C. If you do find yourself in the water, the right clothing and a lifejacket may save your life.  

When the body is immersed in cold water, your core temperature immediately drops prompting a number of physiological responses. These responses rapidly incapacitate you, which can result in fatalities. 

What happens with cold water shock?

When experiencing cold water shock, the biggest danger is inhaling water and drowning. Cold water shock triggers hyperventilation, an immediate loss in breathing control, which causes water to be inhaled into the lungs.

Sudden immersion in cold water drastically reduces your ability to hold your breath, from a minute typically down to around 10 seconds. Cold water in your ears can also cause vertigo and disorientation, resulting in failure to differentiate between up and down when submerged.

Cold water shock is a danger in water below 15°C, which is the summertime average around the UK coast.

Maybe puts a bit more context on how dangerous any body of water is at this time of year.

3 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Virginia Woolf filled her coat full of stones and walked into the River Ouse and drowned herself. I don't think she's the only one either.

Edited by Rolta

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

With all the crazy speculation going on with social media freaks and the police having no real plan, if I had kidnapped her, I'd probably release release her and hand myself in, cut out all the bullshit. 

How long do you reckon you would get in sentenced for?
You would make a million on the book sales alone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

With all the crazy speculation going on with social media freaks and the police having no real plan, if I had kidnapped her, I'd probably release release her and hand myself in, cut out all the bullshit. 

WTF? I've just read this about three times :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

Â