Nicola Bulley Missing Dog Walker

Lupinthe5th

I'll re-post from General Chat 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Don't underestimate the power of dog lovers to put themselves into serious personal peril if they think little Mr Snuggles is in a tinsy bit of bother. 

• Like 1

All seems somewhat odd.

Difficult to gauge how far the bench is from the waters edge, but it looks like it’s about 15 yards away judging by the photos I’ve seen.

If you went closer to the waters edge for whatever reason would you leave your phone on the bench as you do so? Particularly if there’s a work conference call taking place?

I’ve read the dog was dry when the first person appeared on the scene. All this seems to have taken place in 10-20 minutes (logging on to the call, first person arriving to find the phone and dog alone on the scene). I don’t know how quickly a dog typically appears dry having been in the water, but the impression seems to be the dog hadn’t been in the water.

I don’t know, Occam’s Razor suggests she accidentally fell into the water, but her phone being left seems slightly odd to me. A forensic search and rescue expert highlighted these anomalies in one media report.

Speculations aside, I hope she’s found safe and in the meantime, thoughts are with her family.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

This whole thing is just odd.I think she might of been murdered. Possibly someone close to her, would explain the dog not barking, attacking, following, getting wet.
Also whats strange is how much media attention this has got for someone that according to the police as just fell into the river. Maybe the police are trying the catch the killer off guard. But hey this just a theory and I hope she found alive and well🙏

What do you make of the husbands interview?

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wouldn’t she have most likely washed up somewhere by now though?

Depends, she could have washed a fair way downstream then got snagged underwater. 

Sometimes bodies turn up much later a long way downstream. 

If her Husband has a rock solid alibi the other potential is an affair that's gone wrong.  Seems very remote for a random nutter to be hanging around.

The Police also seem fairly sure from CCTV etc that she never left the Riverside area. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Depends, she could have washed a fair way downstream then got snagged underwater. 

Sometimes bodies turn up much later a long way downstream. 

If her Husband has a rock solid alibi the other potential is an affair that's gone wrong.  Seems very remote for a random nutter to be hanging around.

The Police also seem fairly sure from CCTV etc that she never left the Riverside area. 

Yeah the classic love triangle story. Her Sister seems abit strange on the interviews too. Maybe them two was involved and this thing was staged.

6 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Yeah the classic love triangle story. Her Sister seems abit strange on the interviews too. Maybe them two was involved and this thing was staged.

I would imagine the Police will be all over:

1. The relationship with the husband and his whereabouts that morning, was it a happy marriage, does he have a temper and
  2. also look into their finances. There will be a lot of people seriously struggling at the moment. If they're mortgaged up to the eyeballs and faced with losing the house then him knocking her off for the insurance money (my Godfather did this to my Godmother for exactly this reason) or faking her death might be a way out for them.   Stranger things have happened. 

People rarely get away with the fake death thing though. So difficult to totally disappear forever. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Not being accusatory or anything but the wife watches a load of murder docs and that hubby interview is exactly the kind of thing that pops up regularly in them.

It's completely different to Huntley though given that seems to be the case study for these accusations. That was someone unconnected to the families who voluntarily allowed himself to be interviewed on TV saying he was last person to see them alive etc and all that followed.

The husband is under tremendous stress given he's been pretty much widowed now and having to look after two young children who's world overnight has collapsed so I'm not sure in the circumstances what constitutes a normal interview really.

I think it's just a tragic accident. Dog was moving towards the water, she got up and left her phone by the bench to hurry him away and then tripped and fell in possibly head first. 

Good point made elsewhere she was wearing wellies and a coat under her Gillet so that would've made it near impossible for her to balance in water, if she was even in a state to do that.

Horrible stuff and I just hope she can be located so family can put her to rest.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's completely different to Huntley though given that seems to be the case study for these accusations. That was someone unconnected to the families who voluntarily allowed himself to be interviewed on TV saying he was last person to see them alive etc and all that followed.

The husband is under tremendous stress given he's been pretty much widowed now and having to look after two young children who's world overnight has collapsed so I'm not sure in the circumstances what constitutes a normal interview really.

I think it's just a tragic accident. Dog was moving towards the water, she got up and left her phone by the bench to hurry him away and then tripped and fell in possibly head first. 

Good point made elsewhere she was wearing wellies and a coat under her Gillet so that would've made it near impossible for her to balance in water, if she was even in a state to do that.

Horrible stuff and I just hope she can be located so family can put her to rest.

Apprently CCTV at his house shows he didn't leave his house but not sure this has come from the police. I think the family said it
She was wearing a fitbit at the time so hopefully they've tracked the data from that

This sounds a good theory. I mean it does sound like the phone was planted to make it look like a sucide/accident.
image.png

Edited by Lupinthe5th

Love a good true crime podcast, but most of the speculation on this case has been crass.

We don't really know the evidence in any detail.

Even if it's an abduction / disappearance / murder, there's no way we'd be able to work it out ourselves from the available evidence. The police will know a lot of things we don't.

There's a certain type of person who was convinced that Madeleine McCann was murdered by her own parents (despite tons of evidence to the contrary) and they seem to be getting very excited about this case.

All I will say is although the river looks very shallow on the news footage, it's tidal, and they've said it can be up to 4 metres deep. Given it must be freezing cold in early February, maybe that will make you less suspicious about the scenario the police have been putting forward. Not saying that's definitely what's happened, but it sounds a lot more plausible than some people are claiming.

Also, the idea that the partner should be bawling his eyes out in that interview is nonsense. Grief and shock are strange emotions. It's ghoulish to pick it apart.

Too many armchair detectives.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Apprently CCTV at his house shows he didn't leave his house but not sure this has come from the police. I think the family said it
She was wearing a fitbit at the time so hopefully they've tracked the data from that

This sounds a good theory. I mean it does sound like the phone was planted to make it look like a sucide/accident.
image.png

It sounds like a shit theory

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Left her phone on the bench with the dog, why? She was told to by whoever took her , the phone could be tracked if she took it with her, there's no other explanation, unless she's run off.........

Surely if she was going in after the dog she would have took it with her. The river is meandering as well , she wouldn't get far with those bends in it. 

Police are out of their depth with this one , not sure on the local force but they sound clueless. Hopefully shes still alive. 

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Love a good true crime podcast, but most of the speculation on this case has been crass.

Too many armchair detectives.

I was just reading through and was thinking the same. It's a bit of a horrible thread.

(gah I'm actually going to engage: if she was going in after a dog then why would she take her phone into the water—nobody would do that because it would break the phone)

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

Â