Weekends Football 3/5 February/Midweek Football 7/8 February

andykeenan

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Great result, will have the barcodes getting twitchy 👌

Looking at the fixtures I genuinely think Brighton have a great chance of 4th.

Even with this win Spurs are only 5 points clear of them with Brighton having spare game, Newcastle six.

People will probably just dismiss Brighton but they've been in very good form for many months now and have more goalscorers than they've ever had at prem level and defensively settled down under De Zerbi.

For us aswell in long term it's the best news. Newcastle getting CL this early into their project would be very bad news indeed and Kane will probably leave if Spurs miss out so that should bring much back into 7th/8th pack next season.

Brighton suddenly having 200m cash injection would be interesting but dosen't really fit into their model and likes of Caciedo and Macalister could still leave regardless. No chance they'd cope with endless midweek games aswell.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They play three centre backs, wing backs that defend and two holding midfielders - they're well suited to City - they're a sit and hit team with seven men defending and three up top.

You think we can/will have a chance of containing City similarly? I keep forgetting we beat Tottenham.

11 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

You think we can/will have a chance of containing City similarly? I keep forgetting we beat Tottenham.

Yes with our 6 2 2 formation. I’m looking forward to both City and Arsenal, it will be interesting to see how we fare.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Looking at the fixtures I genuinely think Brighton have a great chance of 4th.

Even with this win Spurs are only 5 points clear of them with Brighton having spare game, Newcastle six.

People will probably just dismiss Brighton but they've been in very good form for many months now and have more goalscorers than they've ever had at prem level and defensively settled down under De Zerbi.

For us aswell in long term it's the best news. Newcastle getting CL this early into their project would be very bad news indeed and Kane will probably leave if Spurs miss out so that should bring much back into 7th/8th pack next season.

Brighton suddenly having 200m cash injection would be interesting but dosen't really fit into their model and likes of Caciedo and Macalister could still leave regardless. No chance they'd cope with endless midweek games aswell.

I said beginning of season Brighton would be challenging for Europe, truly believe they will get it, would not be at all surprised if they end up challenging for the title in next 5-10 seasons. (Same with us though) 

The way that club is being run is something else. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Those poor babies stuck on the bench

lcimg-2c197f23-a084-43be-8e01-762abadb2a

Is a prerequisite of signing for Leedszzzzz that you have to have a word removed haircut?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah when I see stuff like that makes me wonder what people think the PL is because it's very different to the closed shop I see it as

Exactly. Newcastle are the exception as they were bought out by a petro state with a literrally infinite amount of money. As such, they will now win lots of trophies and compete for everything forevermore. 

Teams like Brighton, may occasionally sneak into the Europa League before falling back down the league. They can never possibly hope for more than that. That's just the way it is unfortunately.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Brighton will not, ever, be challenging for the title. 

But I thought they were the greatest team ever with the bestest scouting system? 

Jokes aside, I like what they are doing, it’s just evidently clear that the league will do all it can to prevent a Leicester again. 

22 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Is a prerequisite of signing for Leedszzzzz that you have to have a word removed haircut?

On 05/02/2023 at 19:18, The_Steve said:

Those poor babies stuck on the bench

lcimg-2c197f23-a084-43be-8e01-762abadb2a

They look like they are tucked in, beneath a spongebob bedspread, waiting for Bielsa ('s translator) to read them a bedtime story.

• Haha 1

Â