Weekends Football 3/5 February/Midweek Football 7/8 February

andykeenan

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

Shocking defending from City. 

Bet they still win.

Not that I care about either of these, more enjoyment from Dirty Leedszzz losing :)

• Haha 1

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

Massive game for City after Arsenal's defeat.

I suppose it'd be a bit funny if they "did a Villa" and **** up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

Jack working hard in defence, only one who is it seems. 🤣

...and that's why he's been a shadow of himself at City.  Spends more time in his own half defending than being an outlet for the team to play through.  

Trying to figure out how Tottenham is doing such a good job of containing Haaland. Not really knowledgeable about tactics. How are they doing this? It looks like they are closing down passing lanes, but they make it look like they have eyes in the back of their heads or some thing?

17 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Man City conceded a goal just like we did yesterday...  Goes to show you how the game is evolving and teams are learning to apply effective pressure when teams play out the back. 

I wonder if there is any stats to actually prove there is more benefit from playing out from the back Vs the old ways of just booting it to the big man up front. May be I see too much villa **** it up at the back and not much gain from the so called risk and reward strategy. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

I wonder if there is any stats to actually prove there is more benefit from playing out from the back Vs the old ways of just booting it to the big man up front. May be I see too much villa **** it up at the back and not much gain from the so called risk and reward strategy. 

Think it get's hard to prove stat-wise because it is just a question for offence and how you score. Keeping the possession and playing out from the back can also be seen as a defensive apporoach. Think of the best Barcelona teams in the past. They could get minutes of the clock just keeping the ball within their team.

• Like 1

I suppose hoofing it just hands back possession,  whereas playing tippy tap in your own penalty area invites the opposition to score an easy goal (esp when the Villa try the tip tap stuff)

There has to be another way though, faffing about in our own penalty area trying to keep possession only to lose it in such a dangerous place seems crazy to me.

But that's modern football...I am 64 1/2 could someone explain why this playing out from the back using tippy tap stuff is a good thing ?

Derek

• Like 1

Â