Weekends Football 3/5 February/Midweek Football 7/8 February

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not watching but Dycheball to me would be kick and rush, compact at the back get it forward quickly make the most of set pieces, rudimental but effective football

Doesn't mean no shots or goals

Does mean low possession and more often than not ugly battling football

But it works no doubt about it

We played it under Gerrard but without the compact at the back or the battling element

Looking at all the stats, 3 offsides vs 0, compact defence = 0, springing it long gives Everton the 3 offsides, Everton with more fouls, tarkowski goal... It all points to everything you'd expect from Dyche

He'll keep them up, get them 12th for the next couple of years and they should be absolutely over the **** moon with him

7 corners for Everton to Arsenal's 3.

More attacking intent in a Dyche team than many give him credit for to be honest.

Just now, bobzy said:

7 corners for Everton to Arsenal's 3.

More attacking intent in a Dyche team than many give him credit for to be honest.

I don't doubt it, I think he does attack but Dyche and arteta are polar opposites of how they attack and because so many teams do it badly - again Gerrard but we saw it with bruce too - and playing "basic" is harder going when you lose dyches brand of football of course has a dirty name

Dyche is perfect for where Everton are right now, wouldn't want him at the villa as the man to take us to the next level but great for them

1 hour ago, MachoFantastico said:

Everton have looked like an entirely different side, goes to show what an awful manager Lampard was. If any club are stupid enough to give that fraud another job, I will give up on life. 😄

The cockney Gerrard.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't doubt it, I think he does attack but Dyche and arteta are polar opposites of how they attack and because so many teams do it badly - again Gerrard but we saw it with bruce too - and playing "basic" is harder going when you lose dyches brand of football of course has a dirty name

Dyche is perfect for where Everton are right now, wouldn't want him at the villa as the man to take us to the next level but great for them

Agreed with all of that - but I would caveat it slightly with Dyche having never had a team able to do anything more than be underdogs (and thus require a solid base).  

You'd never have guessed Arteta had played for 7 years at Everton. Surely he'd be the best manager to know what Goodison is like with backs to the wall and yet Arsenal looked as unprepared for this game as any team, rocked up seemingly thinking they'd play exactly like they did under Lampard.

Three defeats out of three at Goodison since Arteta became a manager and Arsenal simply stopped doing all the things they have been well for this 90 minutes.

I think this game will be getting a few playings when Unai is doing his video prep before we play them in a few weeks.

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Agreed with all of that - but I would caveat it slightly with Dyche having never had a team able to do anything more than be underdogs (and thus require a solid base).  

Dunno. Put him in Brighton's structure and he'd struggle to do what De Zerbi is doing currently imo.

It's one game. Let's see what Everton are like v us when we'll give them more of the ball and sit back ourselves a little bit.

Arsenal genuinely played that like they thought Lampard was still managing them which amazed me.

Â