Giant Chinese Spy Balloon

maqroll

It looks like something China wanted the US to find for whatever reason. Maybe they are testing America’s ability to spot and deal with airborne “objects” like Putin regularly does on the East Coast of the UK.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It looks like something China wanted the US to find for whatever reason. Maybe they are testing America’s ability to spot and deal with airborne “objects” like Putin regularly does on the East Coast of the UK.

Yeah, there is absolutely no way they could think they'd have got away with it. 

They're probably more interested in how far it actually got before it was spotted. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, there is absolutely no way they could think they'd have got away with it. 

They're probably more interested in how far it actually got before it was spotted. 

Yeah, I have a feeling the US saying they decided not to shoot it down was cover for “we didn’t noticed it until it had travelled about 2000 miles in land.

It's weird this, both the Americans and Chinese are saying that there would be no real benefit in terms of it as a spying object, there's nothing it can get that they couldn't get much more easily using satellites.

It begs the question of why they'd do it? Perhaps the intention was to force the US into a position where they'd pull out of the upcoming meeting, but I don't see what China would gain from that.

The most sensible explanation so far would be that it actually is a civilian weather airship gone off course, but I'm not buying that for a minute.

All very peculiar.

Apparently they've found a second balloon somewhere over Latin America.

So have people started speculating about the balloon (s) being loaded with chemical or biological weapons yet :D 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The Americans love shooting at stuff, why haven’t they got it down yet? It must be just a matter of time. 

Nah, they're worried people on the ground might get injured. 

Now if it was a classroom full of children............ 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Surely China would have a better way of conducting espionage than sending a giant balloon. It's like something my 5 year old would come up with. 

Bit weird, as I believe satelites can see everything the balloon would. I think it's a test.

Â