Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

28 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Reasonable logic?

I think a transfer budget of 150-200 million GBP is reasonable and logical. We’ve spent very carefully since the first window after promotion. Suggest we’ve done that so we are ready to make the next big push in quality signings when the time was right to do so. Our owners want Champions League, our manager wants Champions League, and those numbers are what it takes to compete for a top 4 spot over a full season.

Why do you think that’s not logical or reasonable? 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Awol said:

I think a transfer budget of 150-200 million GBP is reasonable and logical. We’ve spent very carefully since the first window after promotion. Suggest we’ve done that so we are ready to make the next big push in quality signings when the time was right to do so. Our owners want Champions League, our manager wants Champions League, and those numbers are what it takes to compete for a top 4 spot over a full season.

I don’t think it is reasonable for avfc to spend 200m

Purely on the basis that we don’t earn that.

having said that I now trust the owners that they aren’t going to cut and run leaving us in the shit.

if they want to put their hand in their pocket I’m all for it.

56 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Total click bait and I’m dead against signing a striker but with one caveat.

if someone wants Ollie for like 50m and we could get ramos for say 65m  then I would totally do that

32 minutes ago, Awol said:

If we comply to FFP we will not be spending £200m that's absolutely insane.

Have you seen our net spend since promotion?

31 minutes ago, Awol said:

You sell the sansons and nakambas and traores and coutinhos etc etc  then theres a good chance we could bring in 50 mill and then spend an extra 100 or more. 

Torres Goncalves Williams a back up goalie and starter  rb  would be over 160 mill. 

West ham did it last season and spent about 180 mill net . Took a while for the big players to stsrt performing though but ended up with a trophy  . But now they will get 100 mill back off Dec Rice. 

The one thing that we have against us is FFP. We earn distinctly midtable money.  Money that will not allow massive splurges . We have the stadium the training ground and the staff infrastructure of a top club. But underpinning it all is midtable money  

18 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So presumably you know exactly how much latitude the club has within FFP and therefore our available transfer budget. As you know that figure would you mind sharing please?  

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

So presumably you know exactly how much latitude the club has within FFP and therefore our available transfer budget. As you know that figure would you mind sharing please?  

It just using basic logic given the spend we know about and the income we know about

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We did.

It got spanked on Bailey, Ings and Buendia IIRC.

I'm not sure about that.

I'm pretty sure we had a transfer budget before the sale of Jack, and I'm sure this was noted ot mentioned in reports at the time as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

i dont know exactly how but we could easily spend 400m if the players are given a 5 year contract

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Aston Villa: £-259.84m
23/24: ??? 
22/23: £-39.44m (7th)
21/22: £-2.39m (14th)
20/21: £-84.25m (11th)
19/20: £-133.76m (17th)
… Just over £40mill past two seasons 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It just using basic logic given the spend we know about and the income we know about

Okay, so you don’t have any idea what we can and can’t spend this summer. I just wanted to confirm that was the case and you weren’t working from any factual / informed position. Cheers.