Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

I reckon we will now drip feed information about targets. It was Purslow who wanted it to be hush hush. Monchi is different and I believe he uses the media that way.

He might drip feed stuff to the media, but I doubt he's sending transfer info to Twitter user and ITW @HoltEnder82 🤣

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The Athletic reported on July 8 2021 we had an interest alongside Spurs and West Ham. Betting odds slowly increased towards the end of the month of him joining. Days earlier the local BBC journalist tweeted Ings wasn’t interested in joining. 

This bloke called the deal correctly on Aug 1 

If you spend enough time on Twitter, you can pass yourself off as a football ITK simply based on what's already on the platform. 

Ah nice, didn't know that.

Same situation for Barkley and Martinez and Chambers and Emery was it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks as though Fati and Johnson both on the move. We've been linked with both. Not sure if we're still interested. 

Seems to be a lot of noise about spurs going for fati, could be sons eventual replacement so would make sense 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah i don't get why people are so miserable. I quite enjoy transfer speculation.

Even if/when some of the tweeters do turn out to be right, the people who hate it will shoot them down anyway 😂

" Chiesa was hardly a surprise... even @Jas10 called that weeks before it happened " etc 👀

Yes, we are aware that there is also a sea of bollox in the speculation sphere as well.

Exactly.

Often there are one or two names, maybe three which are targets Unai & co. identify and look to pursue. If No.1 doesn't happen, we move to target No.2.. if that doesn't happen, do we look at No.3? (if there is one) or do we stick with what we have for now in that position and focus on the other areas now instead.

I agree any transfer is all speculation, but that's the beauty of it, right? it's the best time of the year imo, especially when your team is undergoing transfer surgery to improve matters on the pitch like we have done for the better. It's been one of the best transfer windows I've witnessed in my 41 years supporting Villa, and it's not done yet!

When it comes to targets and signings though or any ITK info people may come across, it appears you can only start threads if there is only a link already out there on the www. Somewhere. Com

It's been known though that when certain people start threads, they're torn to shreds and the link to the website in the OP for that said target player (to be able to start that thread in the first place), is nullified and/or ridiculed for any random reason that looks suitable at the time.

Yet, many of the same cluster are happy to go on to start threads themselves, from a random tweet - possibly by some lad in his bedroom - and it's discussed on here until the cows come home without an eyebrow raised!  🤪      Bizarre that.

As you know and said yourself before JV, info does not just start at football insider.com or a random tweet. But then again you can't start a thread based on a text message...

• Like 2

I suspect that a couple of players are really keen to leave their club for another, better club, but that club isn't interested. leaving Unai to pick up the pieces, hence his suggestion, we have to be ready. Felix wants Barca, they are not interested, we are waiting to jump in? 

Just now, STO said:

I suspect that a couple of players are really keen to leave their club for another, better club, but that club isn't interested. leaving Unai to pick up the pieces, hence his suggestion, we have to be ready. Felix wants Barca, they are not interested, we are waiting to jump in? 

Hopefully (in general)

Though on Felix specifically the rumour is Barca are definitely interested and need to offload either Fati or Ferran to make it happen. Ferran had said he's not leaving and Spurs are in for Fati (who also doesn't want to move)

So we'll find out in next day or two whether there's room to push for Felix or not depending on what happens with Fati

Was there anyone that got Sevilla transfer info correct on Twitter? If so, it's possible they got it through links to Monchi. Not sure how you'd find out now, but wondering if anyone might know?

As for current links from Twitter ITKs, anyone that got info right before the current regime, and is still getting it right must be getting it from someone outside the management group, which likely means links to accommodation we use, staff involved in medicals (although even they may have changed), or those in related travel industries.

There's a world of possible sources, but the majority aren't going to leak information as they'll find themselves without the contract in due course. 

We generally seem like a more open ship since Emery took over. If Lenglet happens then its another example. Although we do also seem to be getting more rumours that don't end up happening now also.

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So nobody else then other than Loan for Lenglet ? Hopefully we don't lose any more attacking players. McGinn showing he's versatile to play LM, CM, RM or as the SS. 

Has anyone from the club come out and said that?

Just curious.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So nobody else then other than Loan for Lenglet ? Hopefully we don't lose any more attacking players. McGinn showing he's versatile to play LM, CM, RM or as the SS. 

When JJ is back ( and assuming Couthinho is going we have these in attacking positions

Watkins  Duran ST

JJ  Bailey LW

Daiby Zaniolo  10 

MCginn Traore  RW 

I would say thats a good situation . Not great but still V strong. 

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not exactly a fan of this guy but I suppose he’s sticking his neck on the line here…. Never heard of this kid before:

Future for Norway? 

Not that massive 22 year old half decent striker they have then?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Has anyone from the club come out and said that?

Just curious.

Nope.

Last comment from Unai, along the lines of: we are ready for outgoing and incoming players.

Monchi: Want to give Unai the best squad possible for all competitions, ”more players will arrive” followed by a smile…

• Thanks 1