Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Emery made a bad decision last season to keep Archer and not give him the time he gave Duran.

He may have made another bad decision this season to move Archer on and leave us with just Duran as our back up striker, and he is clearly not up to the task.

If we are to sign a striker, we are leaving it very late.  

Archer benefitted much more from going to Middlesborough last season than he would got in the odd 15/20 minute spell for us. He also had a full pre season with Emery who’s judgement I trust more than anyones on a player. Explain to me how Duran is clearly not up to the task please? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Emery made a bad decision last season to keep Archer and not give him the time he gave Duran.

He may have made another bad decision this season to move Archer on and leave us with just Duran as our back up striker, and he is clearly not up to the task.

If we are to sign a striker, we are leaving it very late.  

Everything about this makes me laugh. Why on earth do you think you know better than our world class manager who spends every day watching and interacting with these players? 

• Like 2

Looks like we're going with this, not much movement unless someone leaves:

Martinez
Olsen
Pau Torres
Konsa
Mings ☠️
Diego Carlos
Digne - Looks like he's staying
Alex Moreno
Cash
Chambers - Staying?
Kamara
Dendoncker - Staying?
Ramsey
Douglas Luiz
McGinn
Tielemans
Iroegbunam - Loanor Keep?
Zaniolo
Bailey
Coutinho - Qatar or Keep?
Diaby
Buendia ☠️
Traore - Staying?
Watkins
Duran

Market just really isn’t there for a backup CF. 

Don’t think Diaby nor Zaniolo could really play there. They like facing forward, not back to goal. 

Duran and oddly enough, McGinn make the most sense. McGinn can most easily step into the hold up and link play needed, just missing that pace running in behind. And his finishing can’t be much worse than Ollie!

3 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Don’t think Diaby nor Zaniolo could really play there. They like facing forward, not back to goal. 

Duran and oddly enough, McGinn make the most sense. McGinn can most easily step into the hold up and link play needed, just missing that pace running in behind. And his finishing can’t be much worse than Ollie!

Watkins doesn't play back to goal. Is this a Roy of the Rovers tribute forum?

Alex Iwobi potentially off to Fulham, but one other PL club interested. If the other club is us I'm not sure how I'd feel.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Iheanacho could be a good signing, and probably available. PL experience, squad player, and loves scoring goals when we're one of the teams in the match.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Alex Iwobi potentially off to Fulham, but one other PL club interested. If the other club is us I'm not sure how I'd feel.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Iheanacho could be a good signing, and probably available. PL experience, squad player, and loves scoring goals when we're one of the teams in the match.

Why would it be us?

The problem we have with getting a back-up for Ollie is the same problem we are currently having with Martinez and Olsen.  Any backup we get that's prepared to sit on the bench and only play about 10 games a season is he probably won't be very good. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

The problem we have with getting a back-up for Ollie is the same problem we are currently having with Martinez and Olsen.  Any backup we get that's prepared to sit on the bench and only play about 10 games a season is he probably won't be very good. 

Also stunting the development Duran

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Everything about this makes me laugh. Why on earth do you think you know better than our world class manager who spends every day watching and interacting with these players? 

We may as well close the forum if you are never allowed an opinion that differs from the professionals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Buy a starter then

I’ll be very glad if we get to the weekend without having lost any of our big names. I think it’s kinda gone under the radar a little but thus far, we’ve only lost players we were fully prepared to lose.

And I’m sure there will have been suitors for the likes of Martinez, Watkins, Kamara, Luiz and McGinn.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Looks like we're going with this, not much movement unless someone leaves:

Martinez
Olsen
Pau Torres
Konsa
Mings ☠️
Diego Carlos
Digne - Looks like he's staying
Alex Moreno
Cash
Chambers - Staying?
Kamara
Dendoncker - Staying?
Ramsey
Douglas Luiz
McGinn
Tielemans
Iroegbunam - Loanor Keep?
Zaniolo
Bailey
Coutinho - Qatar or Keep?
Diaby
Buendia ☠️
Traore - Staying?
Watkins
Duran

22 probably if Coutinho leaves, the rest jump into the U21’s re Towley article. No idea about the likes of Hause.  But we still have spots and opening for some transfers.

Potential 25-man squad: Martinez*, Olsen, Cash*, Carlos, Konsa*, Mings*, Digne, Torres, Moreno, Chambers*, Luiz, McGinn, Tielemans, Traore, Buendia, Diaby, Zaniolo, Bailey, Dendoncker, Ramsey*, Kamara, Watkins*. 

* Home Grown players

U21 players (Contract and Scholars): Filip Marschall, James Wright, Sam Proctor, Sam Lewis, Oliwier Zych, Alex Hammond, Ben Chrisene, Frankie Ealing, Josh Feeney, Finley Munroe, Archie Duerden, Jayden Barber, Aaron O’Reilly, Max Asante-Boakye, Nile Timson, Abube Onuchukwu, Jack McDowell, Harvey Rhoades, Seb Revan, Thierry Katsukunya, Ashton McWilliams, Kerr Smith, Sil Swinkels, Triston Rowe, Chisom Afoka, I-Lani Edwards, Tim Iroegbun, Todd Alcock, Dylan Mitchell, Mikell Barnes, Ewan Simpson, Trai-Varn Mulley Ajani Burchall, Taylor-Jay Hart, Max Lott, Omari Kellyman, Tommi O’Reilly, Kyrie Pierre, Rico Richards, Ben Broggio, Teddy Rowe, Kadan Young, Charlie Pavey, Caleb Chukwuemeka, Charlie Lutz, Kobie Moore, Travis Patterson, Jhon Duran, Rory Wilson.

5 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Yes, let’s go splash 80M+ on a better striker than Ollie. 

That would be nice, there are plenty way cheaper than that though that are either already better or the more plentiful already equal, younger and higher ceiling players like Wahl for example.